Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need Honda owners help Hampton roads area.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 AM
B.E.T.P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatchblack has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need Honda owners help Hampton roads area.

not something im looking to support
Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Spnks
Some "builders" dont do their own work and some dont even know the internals of the motor, let along what im asking for.
I found someone that has already made one and they were made with spring retainers. I think that his design could be slightly improved with a smaller internal retainer dia so i set out on finding a retainer with smaller hole.....

Interestingly, you're disparaging some engine builders for not doing their own work, but you're looking for pre-made parts so you don't have to do your own work.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Spnks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Interestingly, you're disparaging some engine builders for not doing their own work, but you're looking for pre-made parts so you don't have to do your own work.
Yep sure did. Have you ever cut titanium on a lathe? How about drilled it? Yeah... i thought not. Why would i buy raw stock only to cut it into chips when they are already cone shaped and work for what i need? Are you actually saying that the engine builders here cast their own blocks? Turn their own valves? Forge their own pistons? LOL Yeah, once again i thought not.

And because no one seems to know what the thru hole is on their retainers or are unwilling to actually measure one and post the info, this site is about worthless. Its full of a bunch of little children that talk all kinds of crap and dont know their own ass from a hole in the ground.

Just as a thought. Another worthless forum full of kiddies.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hatchblack
not something im looking to support
Thanks. It will still be made as soon as the ATF returns the paperwork.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

A little bit of google, and some answers...

http://www.compcams.com/Products/CC-...ries%27-0.aspx
Old 12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yep sure did. Have you ever cut titanium on a lathe? How about drilled it? Yeah... i thought not. Why would i buy raw stock only to cut it into chips when they are already cone shaped and work for what i need? Are you actually saying that the engine builders here cast their own blocks? Turn their own valves? Forge their own pistons? LOL Yeah, once again i thought not.
Yes, I have machined titanium. Not fun and not one of the easier metals to machine, but it's done every day all over the world. Most of my titanium experience has been on a vertical mill and not a lathe though, and I'm not a professional machinist by any stretch (just an automotive engineer). Like any other metal, it's all about proper tool geometry, surface speed, feed rate, axial pressure angle, etc., depending on what you're doing. It's not like you're hobbing gears or broaching or cutting splines.. Drilling is pretty easy though, especially when you're enlarging an existing hole.

I don't know why any of that matters though, or why you started talking crap about engine builders not doing their own work. You're the one making random unrelated comments, I'm just here to point out the bullshit.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 12-01-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Racetracks

You could probably call around to some of the retainer companies and see if they have production rejects too. Scratch and dent shouldn't matter a bit for what you're doing.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Yes, I have machined titanium. Not fun and not one of the easier metals to machine, but it's done every day all over the world. Most of my titanium experience has been on a vertical mill and not a lathe though, and I'm not a professional machinist by any stretch (just an automotive engineer). Like any other metal, it's all about proper tool geometry, surface speed, feed rate, axial pressure angle, etc., depending on what you're doing. It's not like you're hobbing gears or broaching or cutting splines.. Drilling is pretty easy though, especially when you're enlarging an existing hole.

I don't know why any of that matters though, or why you started talking crap about engine builders not doing their own work. You're the one making random unrelated comments, I'm just here to point out the bullshit.
If you go back and read i said "SOME". Not All. You are the one that started talking shit like im going to turn my own baffles for the project when they are already pretty much made. I know what it takes to cut titanium and unfortunately im limited on the tools that i currently have on my Bridgeport and Lathe. Hence why i was looking for someone that knows their crap.

All i needed to know was the center bore. None of the little shits on this site could give me that. I doubt most of them know what a set of dial calipers is, let alone how to use them if they are not digital. Obviously no one reads crap either because the site linked shows NOTHING about the center bore. Just the angle & two diameters required for the spring seats. I already know i have to turn the outside diameter to match the tube they will be mounted in.

Either way, thanks for all the ones that actually tried to help. All the others are just forum PITA's just like all the other forums.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

You could probably call around to some of the retainer companies and see if they have production rejects too. Scratch and dent shouldn't matter a bit for what you're doing.
You can get used NASCAR retainers from Ebay dirt cheap. But again, i was looking to find a smaller thru hole on the retainer. Thats why i turned to Honda Owners for some info and where i am at now.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered member

widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94
Default Need Honda owners help Hampton roads area.

Or you can solve the problem by buying a fucking .22 silencer. Don't be cheap you lazy fuck.

Quick Reply: Need Honda owners help Hampton roads area.