Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need help with getin my b16 crx started

Old 01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egb20vkid92 has disabled reputation
Default Need help with getin my b16 crx started

ok look i have a 88si crx with a b16 in it.. it ran fine but the drvier side motor mount bolt was broke off in the block so i took the motor out n fixed that put the motor back in n it wouldnt start soo i thought it could be a gas problem cuz it was getin spark so i sprayed gas in my intake so it started n idealed very weird but then when you rev it it gets to about 3 grand n sounds like its flodin or somethng n bogs down n it pops n crazy shit like its timin! so i just let it ideal n it idealed very low. so i got my buddy to go to are shop with me the next night n the car would not even start i sprayed gas in the intake wouldnt start. checked spark, had spark.. it would just crank then nuthin.... so idk whats goin on might be a bad ground to but idk because sometimes it would act like it had a bad ground.. but it also has low gas thats year and some old!! so let me no what yall thnk n maybe if you live in fredericksburg or anywere around you can come to are shop n look at it.... thanks let me know n plz no shit talkin i just help n dont talk to me like i dont no nuthin about this stuff cuz ive been workin on honda's for years nuthin else to do around here!!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Need help with getin my b16 crx started

Well, if it ran fine before and doesn't run now, it is most likely something very simple that you've overlooked, or you've damaged something during the removal or reinstall. Shouldn't be that hard to track down.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:45 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by Egb20vkid92
ok look i have a 88si crx with a b16 in it.. it ran fine but the drvier side motor mount bolt was broke off in the block so i took the motor out n fixed that put the motor back in n it wouldnt start soo i thought it could be a gas problem cuz it was getin spark so i sprayed gas in my intake so it started n idealed very weird but then when you rev it it gets to about 3 grand n sounds like its flodin or somethng n bogs down n it pops n crazy shit like its timin! so i just let it ideal n it idealed very low. so i got my buddy to go to are shop with me the next night n the car would not even start i sprayed gas in the intake wouldnt start. checked spark, had spark.. it would just crank then nuthin.... so idk whats goin on might be a bad ground to but idk because sometimes it would act like it had a bad ground.. but it also has low gas thats year and some old!! so let me no what yall thnk n maybe if you live in fredericksburg or anywere around you can come to are shop n look at it.... thanks let me know n plz no shit talkin i just help n dont talk to me like i dont no nuthin about this stuff cuz ive been workin on honda's for years nuthin else to do around here!!
god damn son.
maybe the car knows you cant spell or use punctuation and is trying to put itself out of misery...damn...
Old 01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

check to make sure you have the iacv and tps pluged in right and not into each other. sounds stupid, but i know more than one person who has made the mistake.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nftuatn
god damn son.
maybe the car knows you cant spell or use punctuation and is trying to put itself out of misery...damn...
yeah no one needs your stupid lil kid remakes ok? get a life dont waste my time...

ok ill look at it first thing in the moring! thanks

n i hope it is something stupid but the fucking wiring harness is ghetto as hell i didnt do it tho
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

d15power has disabled reputation

that sucks when one thing happens then something totally irrelevant happens
Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

EFchulo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by nftuatn
god damn son.
i hope things work out man, disregard the negativity, fighting back got me neg rep...i hate stupid people...good luck though
Old 01-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by EFchulo
i hope things work out man, disregard the negativity, fighting back got me neg rep...i hate stupid people...good luck though
Thanks man yea I hate stupid people that like to waste there time! So you building a ef?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

EFchulo has disabled reputation

yeah...just sold my whole D-series setup last week, LS swap is coming soon if all goes as planned
Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Bump