Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need help with an eclipse quick!!!

Old 06-26-2004, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phigity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help with an eclipse quick!!!

heres the deal. i was out lastnight and my ex-ex was driving me around and her driver's door handle is messed up. if you pull on it then it will go up father then it should and not open the door. sorta like what ever is hooked to it to be able to open the door isn't hooked anymore. lastnight i went to open the passenger door and that handle did the same thing. now you van't get into either door. it's a spyder so theres no crawling through the trunk. any ideas? if i get just get the door open we'll take it to the dealership and get them to fix it. also has there been any recalls on the door handles? her car is a 98 GST spyder. please help!
Old 06-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need help with an eclipse quick!!!

Pop the door panel and check it out.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:34 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

damn, TONS of dsms do that, look i up www.dsmtuners.com or www.dsmtalk.com do a search for it
Old 06-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

He cant get in the car.
If you cant find any way in I would say find the cheapest breakable part, and rip it out so you can get to the dealer. If you can somehow snatch out the door handle you can probably get in the car. Or call the dealer and see if they can help.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:42 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

All the door handle does is connect to a rod that opens it. Stick your hands in there and find out where/which rod it is and pull it towards the back of the car

Its not difficult, it just takes awhile when youve never done it before to find out where the rod is and how best to reach it
Old 06-26-2004, 08:46 AM

phigity is an unknown quantity at this point

listen everyone. i can't get into the car. both door handles are messed up and you can't crawl through the trunk. i can fix it eas if i could get one of the doors open.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:47 AM
hostgator.com

Pull off her damn door handle. A lot of eclipses do this, quit being a lazy ass and search on the DSM boards I just posted.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:50 AM
hostgator.com

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/show...en+door+handle

Old 06-26-2004, 08:50 AM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Originally Posted by phigity
ex-ex
what is that?
Old 06-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

i was thinkin the samething nighthawk hahah

Quick Reply: Need help with an eclipse quick!!!