Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need HELP Catching These Motorcycle Theives

Old 06-11-2010, 07:12 AM
600RR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ep3hatch03 has disabled reputation
Default Need HELP Catching These Motorcycle Theives

Posting this for a friend.

I need your help in figuring out this type car. Looking for brand, model, year, color, and anything else that we can use to identify this car. This car allowed the thieves to get to and into the garage.

Please keep all comments and suggestions relevant as we are serious about catching these guys.

"At Around 10pm on 6/8/10 3 motorcycles were stolen from a parking garage in Fairfax Va.

1: 2009 CBR 600RR black

2: 2009 CBR 600RR Red/White/Blue

3: 2006 GSXR 600 White and Silver lots of bolt on parts.

Shortly after 10pm my neighbors where sitting on the balcony and watched the 3 bikes drive past. They recognized 2 of the bikes as their own CBRs and immediately ran down to the garage to find the 3 bikes missing. They say that one of the riders didnt seem to really know how to ride very well and was real wobbly as they were driving down our street. Fortunately there happened to be 2 Fairfax county cops at the building for a different reason. Unfortunately they didn't call in the bikes right away and when they did they were nowhere to be found. the kicker is my bike didnt even have a license plate on it.

The owners of the CBRs just returned home not an hour before the bikes were stolen.

The best we can figure is that they came for the 2 CBRs and saw my bike and decided to take it while they were here. We think this because they stole one of my helmets that happened to be by my bikes. We think that when they came across the helmet they took the opportunity to take a 3rd bike.

All 3 of us know that it is a long shot that we will ever see our bikes again. Chances are they are already being parted out according to what the cops said. Fortunately we all have insurance on the bikes but we are not sure if our insurance is going to cover all the extra bolt ons we had on the bikes. I am pretty sure that my insurance is not going to cover the helmet I had stolen."

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/SlooMR2/fghj.jpg[/IMG
Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

runnin9z has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need HELP Catching These Motorcycle Theives

Sorry for your loss, the car looks like a Lancer though
Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I'd put my money on a mid 2000s Mazda Protege, but the people in the car won't lead you to who did this. Assuming that they're not involved in any way for all they knew the bikes could've belonged to the thieves. Sorry for your loss and I hope that somehow this leads to you getting your bike back.

Edit: actualy in the 2nd pic you can see some reflection off of the seats , leather maybe?

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 06-11-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

prdracing has disabled reputation

I don't think it's a Protege. I've got an 03 MSP and I've got flip-up door handles. Those ones in the pic look like pull-out handles (Euro maybe). I almost thought it looked like a Mercedes because of the bulge(s) running down the hood (that flow to the headlights). I don't know generations of Mercedes cars, but maybe late 90's...? Sucks about your bike man. Unfortunately, the better the things you get in life, the more someone else will want to take them from you.

I just looked at it again and it popped in my head: Lincoln LS? Pretty sure those had pull-out handles and that strong character line down the hood. Anybody else agree?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:48 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Looks like an E Class

Old 07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Are motorcycles really THAT easy to steal???
Old 07-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by УДАР ОСЛА
Yes...

[youtube]D96QM-lzLM8[/youtube]

Sorry for your loss. As for the pictures, I want to say that it looks like a 90's Buick or Oldsmobile. The rear end and C pillars makes me think that but the hood contours don't really support that speculation.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:27 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

around 4 years ago i spotted 2 big dudes picking up 2 bikes outside the shipyard, and just setting them in the back of an F150 and driving off...

i didn't think shit about it untill the next when i heard that some bikes had been stolen; i guess i figured they were broken down or something.

it made me feel even worse when i called the detectives number the next day and he said straight up "we'll never find them in 1 piece"

so yeah... that easy, unfortunatly
Old 07-08-2010, 02:29 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Yes...

orry for your loss. As for the pictures, I want to say that it looks like a 90's Buick or Oldsmobile. The rear end and C pillars makes me think that but the hood contours don't really support that speculation.
I meant by DRIVING them away. Like, is it THAT easy to just hop on a bike, and hotwire it and steal it?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

I meant by DRIVING them away. Like, is it THAT easy to just hop on a bike, and hotwire it and steal it?
I like it when you're angry...

Quick Reply: Need HELP Catching These Motorcycle Theives