VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Need Built SR20 tuned with PowerFC (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/need-built-sr20-tuned-powerfc-311840/)

SDM For Life 09-24-2009 12:26 PM

Need Built SR20 tuned with PowerFC

I have an s13 SR20 with a built bottom end (87mm, 9.0 compression, machined crank ect ect...) that i need tuned. I'm decently sure it'd be a bad idea to run the car much beyond confirmation of startup without it being tuned but I can only imagine how much it would cost to break in the car on a dyno. (Then again, I guess it depends what school of thought the tuner is in on the break-in process)

Thanks!

I<3Strippers! 09-24-2009 12:59 PM

Re: Need Built SR20 tuned with PowerFC

i think i vaguely remember that power fc isnt that good of a tuner... maybe its something else

all4sr's 09-24-2009 10:52 PM

yeah, i've heard mixed reviews of the PowerFC, luckily, when i got mine, it came with a decent tune

sidewaysil80 09-25-2009 02:48 AM

the power fc is a great unit... if you have the full software. apexi only loads the pfc's with a basic version and only the 10 authorized shops in america have the full software. however a company called fc-datalogit sells a full version for like 200 bucks. BUT, if you go to all apsects kienan has a copy of the datalogit software and he tuned my sr on pfc. he did a great job and as you can search and find out...all aspects is a super reliable/talented shop

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw (Post 5665758)
i think i vaguely remember that power fc isnt that good of a tuner... maybe its something else

thats not true at all...i think you're thinking of the safc II or afc neo...which arent bad for near oem/stock setups with bolt ons. they just get a bad name because people are throwing 100000cc injectors and 30bar of boost and trying to use a simple piggy back like mentioned above for a full tune

SDM For Life 09-25-2009 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 (Post 5667382)
the power fc is a great unit... if you have the full software. apexi only loads the pfc's with a basic version and only the 10 authorized shops in america have the full software. however a company called fc-datalogit sells a full version for like 200 bucks. BUT, if you go to all apsects kienan has a copy of the datalogit software and he tuned my sr on pfc. he did a great job and as you can search and find out...all aspects is a super reliable/talented shop

Not sure if i have the "full software" or not. I was just told it was the PowerFC w/ Commander. I'll have to give all-aspects a call. Other then that i "greaser" at mrd has been suggested, and a shop in maryland whose name escapes me at the moment.

240trainee 09-25-2009 09:31 AM

MA-motorsports.com

They are who I would go to.

Authorized Apexi dealers, have the software, great with tuning, and specialize in SR's.

Great dudes.