Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

My RLZ Powered All Motor CRX

Old 08-04-2005, 07:56 AM
All-Motor Street Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Talking My RLZ Powered All Motor CRX

With all the big All Motor dyno graphs showing up over the past few months, I thought I would post my dyno as well. Brief description of the build;

-RLZ Head (stock sized valves)
-RLZ Cams
-Built by Brad at RLZ
-RLZ oil pump
-Wiseco Pistons (designed by Brad)
-RMF header
-Crower Rods (Ti) (Thanks to Rocket Motorsports)
-Crower Crank
-Tuned by Dameon from D-Tuned in Virginia Beach (AEM) 757-513-8998
-Grey @ Millenium Dyno 757-853-7771 (Ask for Grey or Matt)

When Brad asks if you want to "make power from your head" he's not joking. Notice that my motor doesn't have a big peaky spike...it carries the power for quite a long time. The motor is making over 250whp for over 2000 rpms!

This graph is from our first session on the dyno, with an alignment that was so bad, the axles were trying to pop out. Also this was with throttle body only due to our custom airbox not being finished. The motor is now making a little over 10whp 5wtq more than this graph. I do not have this graph because the dyno's computer had to be re-conditioned and all graphs were lost. =(

Big Thanks to:

-Brad and Howard @ RLZ and Speed Innovations (now if I can just get traction)
-Brian, Grey, Sean, and all the guys @ Millenium Autosports in VA (without you guys, the car would have never been finished)
-Terry @ Boostfed Racing (speedy service man, thanks for all the parts and support buddy!)***your wife still owes me a homecooked meal!
-Dameon Pryce @ D-Tuned (this dude knows AEM inside out, one of the greatest problem solvers I have ever met!)
-Matt Jones, "the ONE AND ONLY" my crew chief (only 21 years old, but damn you know your sh%&...I may not believe you all the time, but I trust you, and it always works out)
-Millenium Dyno (brand new dyno, these guys tune AEM, SDS, MoTec, VAFC's,etc. AND you can get a cool video of your dyno session!!!)
-Brian @ FastBrakes (the best damn brakes on the market! Great service, great guy)
-Randy @RMF (you guys NEEEED one of his headers!)
-Matt Kennedy for all the advice and help (sorry my coils gotcha!)

Oh, and thank you Tokki for taking pictures with the car :P

Last edited by JayDM; 08-04-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam
Default Re: My RLZ Powered All Motor CRX

She's come a long way

Congrats Jay on finally getting her finished. Now go hit some 10's
NA>Turbo......unless it's the D series beast that is
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I forgot it used to look like that. Its been a helluva ride hasn't it!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JayDM
Wow! I forgot it used to look like that. Its been a helluva ride hasn't it!
Nice numbers.. maybe I can do something like that with my car eventually.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 AM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Nice!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:08 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

Old 08-04-2005, 09:17 AM
All-Motor Street Car

Originally Posted by KyleVA
Nice numbers.. maybe I can do something like that with my car eventually.
You most deffinetly can!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam

TTT because everyone needs to give this man props
Old 08-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

what does she run?
Old 08-04-2005, 12:13 PM
All-Motor Street Car

Originally Posted by vasponger
what does she run?
So far the best time is 11.75 @116 1.88 60'ft., backed with an 11.80. I've only had 8 passes in the car, and we haven't had any kind of decent 60' yet. The first 4 passes netted 12.1's and a broke diff. The next 4 passes resulted in the 11.75 and two broke axles. Tire pressure is 10-11 psi, on 24.5 MT's. (should be running 8 or so).

Quick Reply: My RLZ Powered All Motor CRX