Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

My 1st Duty Station... Ft. Bragg

Old 03-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L
Default My 1st Duty Station... Ft. Bragg

April 27th I report to Ft. Bragg as my 1st duty station as a signal soldier. I cant wait to leave this crappy tradoc enviroment. Anyway, Ive heard alot of mixed things about the area. Im currently not Airborne but ive heard that once I get there its going to be pushed on my pretty hard to do it. I dont have a problem with jumping out of planes I just dont feel like doin it right now. If any of you have been stationed there I'd appriecate any input no matter what branch or what MOS you where.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: My 1st Duty Station... Ft. Bragg

Good luck, but this should probably be in Off Topic.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde

Ill be stationed at Ft. Campbell as an infantry officer, I have a shit load of schools to get through first though...I am branch detailed Infantry from Signal corps too
Old 03-14-2008, 11:26 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Fort Bragg is in the middle of nowhere off 95 isn't it?

Home to the 82nd, 5th group SF, and cough cough Delta
Old 03-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Young L
April 27th I report to Ft. Bragg as my 1st duty station as a signal soldier. I cant wait to leave this crappy tradoc enviroment. Anyway, Ive heard alot of mixed things about the area. Im currently not Airborne but ive heard that once I get there its going to be pushed on my pretty hard to do it. I dont have a problem with jumping out of planes I just dont feel like doin it right now. If any of you have been stationed there I'd appriecate any input no matter what branch or what MOS you where.

good luck there. I have an NCO from my company thats going to PCS there when we come back from deployment. From what I hear,bragg itself,is a nice base,but between RUNNING the shit out of you weekly,rapid deployments(I mean RAPID),and all the airborne bs (I dont care for all that hooah hooah shit,I did when I got in,but not anymore),I hope to never go there. I am currently stationed in 1st Infantry division at Ft. riley in kansas. Yes,this place sucks balls too,but im sure I could deal with it a lot better than brag. I also have a corporal that came from bragg,he liked it,but he said it also has its downsides just like any other post/division.

I am ordnance (mechanic) but im transportation (truck driver) out here in Iraq.

I think you JUST missed a deployment to Iraq. one of my Battles from AIT is stationed in bragg,and she leaves for Iraq in about 4 days. Who knows though,with the way they put boots on ground,you might be going with another unit pretty soon.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:19 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Fail for the wrong section
Old 03-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

Originally Posted by NFCstang
Fail for the wrong section
Originally Posted by XCELR8
Good luck, but this should probably be in Off Topic.
mah bad for the postin in the wrong section, I forgot about the off topic thread. feel free to move it there.

Originally Posted by BoostLag
good luck there. I have an NCO from my company thats going to PCS there when we come back from deployment. From what I hear,bragg itself,is a nice base,but between RUNNING the shit out of you weekly,rapid deployments(I mean RAPID),and all the airborne bs (I dont care for all that hooah hooah shit,I did when I got in,but not anymore),I hope to never go there. I am currently stationed in 1st Infantry division at Ft. riley in kansas. Yes,this place sucks balls too,but im sure I could deal with it a lot better than brag. I also have a corporal that came from bragg,he liked it,but he said it also has its downsides just like any other post/division.

I am ordnance (mechanic) but im transportation (truck driver) out here in Iraq.

I think you JUST missed a deployment to Iraq. one of my Battles from AIT is stationed in bragg,and she leaves for Iraq in about 4 days. Who knows though,with the way they put boots on ground,you might be going with another unit pretty soon.
Yea my NCO's here been tellin me that they are goin to run the shit out of me but thats ok cause I need to improve on that anyway. One of my instructors told me about the rapid deployment that Bragg is known for; im not to worried about that. Im just hopin to be home for my sisters grad from VCU in May and my bros weddin in the fall those are the only reasons why I dont mind goin there ima be close to home. Other than that they Army can send me anywhere they want me to.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough

my best friend is stationed down there, he deals with the choppers they have over there. ive been there once and it looked completly run down. The base is nice like boostlag said but the outside of base is gross. used car dealership after dealership. He cant stand it there. The barracks they have there are also 5 or so to a room seperated by standing closets and shower curtains. *shrug* He dosnt like it.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

I was born in Fayetteville. That place has WAY too many people there and WAY too much going on. It's the equivalent to Jacksonville NC for you Marines and Corpsmen. Good luck homie.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Young L
mah bad for the postin in the wrong section, I forgot about the off topic thread. feel free to move it there.

Yea my NCO's here been tellin me that they are goin to run the shit out of me but thats ok cause I need to improve on that anyway. One of my instructors told me about the rapid deployment that Bragg is known for; im not to worried about that. Im just hopin to be home for my sisters grad from VCU in May and my bros weddin in the fall those are the only reasons why I dont mind goin there ima be close to home. Other than that they Army can send me anywhere they want me to.

More than likely you will like it there. Once you get used to the regular army,its either a "hit or miss" lifestyle. Theres lots of things to do in the Ft. Bragg "fayettenam" area,depending on what type of activites you like to do. If you like to drink a lot,then ft. bragg is the best place to go,besides Germany. But be careful though when you drink, I think bragg is/was rated one of the highest DUI divisions in the nation.

Quick Reply: My 1st Duty Station... Ft. Bragg