Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Muffler selection.

Old 04-19-2003, 07:05 AM
3.5 Yo for the Go Go

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B_Ryte_Back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Muffler selection.

got to get a lower profile exhaust for the car. Its n/a but the new setup is going to be lowder than what i have now. Im looking for a straight through black exhaust with a tanabe style tip. The only one Ive found is a ractive. I need it as close to stock looking as possible.
Thanks yall...And no high pitch sounding joints please.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:29 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

if your car is n/a and youre looking at ractive products, im guessing this is for a honda or another 4 cylinder. it shouldnt matter if it is crush bent or mandrel bent since youre not using any forced induction. why not get a muffler shop to bend you a 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust and order a muffler from jc whitney, summit etc?
Old 04-19-2003, 07:45 AM
3.5 Yo for the Go Go

Thumbs down Crushbent? JCWhitney?BigAls?

2.4 DOHC manual Stratus, Phatridz header(Going to the Blackdog soon), 2.5 piping, 10:5:1 wisecos, crane 18's, turbo 2 rods and a lil bit of other stuff. Ive got 27 tickets in two years and NN is cracking down on mufflers currently. full exhaust is already done. I need a lower profile muffler that doesnt reduce flow as one of my FINAL items. I personally dont see me adding some crushed piping to up my hp numbers
So as I said anyone have any black or stock profile mufflers with straight through design in 2.5 cause as I said I am trying to avoid tickets not get smart ass answers. If you didnt mean it as such and took it the wrong way I apologize, if you were trying to be funny
Old 04-19-2003, 08:49 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

hmm no i just thought that if you did a full bottom end build up on a stratus, you'd probably know what exhaust to go with. if i was you, having 27 tickets ( ) i would go with a stock (or stock sounding) exhaust and an electric cutout. 27 tickets is just pathetic dude. you can get a cutout from qtec for like $150 and if you do get pulled while youre running open header, it'll close within something like 3 seconds. and the solenoids are under warranty.

you provided absolutely NO background information and just asked for advice. next time, if you want a perfect answer, provide a little more information and tell us what youre looking for.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:45 AM
3.5 Yo for the Go Go

LOl I got you. Thing is I had a sohc before the swap but my car was freaking obnoxious on the lil bit of shit I did on that. THE Blackdog header on my boys 2.4 raised his to the point we can hear him coming across the bridge. The 27 were due to some (Funny now) f'd up then situations (8 in one stop, six in another, etc etc, Only paid for one speeding ticket 39 in a 35 out of all of them ) Just the hassle though. Thats why Im looking for a "Stocker" muffler than I have now. Due to the setup Im trying to get it quieter and less noticed in the city.
Good looking on that electric cutout. Ill check into it. as for not enough info Im used to everyone on the Stratus and Neon sites having the same thing. My bad.