Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

MR2 v6 ENGINE SWAP! Need help!

Old 11-11-2003, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BerserkWRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MR2 v6 ENGINE SWAP! Need help!

Ok i am doing an MR2 engine swap. If any of you read SportCompactCar its in the April 2003 issue.

Everyone just gets MR2's and ups the damn boost. that seems to boring and common. not to mention i hear the engines have there problems, soooooooo ENGINE SWAP. and the best part is, is that its a v6...meaning MORE TORQUE!!! oh yes much more torque in a mid engine rwd car...come on now. only makes sense.

ok heres the deal. i need to find a turbo MR2 with a blown engine..cause they are cheaper, of course. and yes it has to be turbo cause everything works better and is already upgrade in the 2nd gen 93' and up. ok well if anyone knows any good sites or any one who has a turbo mr2 with a blown engine, please let me know.

ohh and all you people that have the "fastest mr2" in VA, just wait a year and i will be down there to spank all of you....hopefully ok thanks
Old 11-11-2003, 04:48 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default Re: MR2 v6 ENGINE SWAP! Need help!

Originally posted by BerserkWRX
not to mention i hear the engines have there problems, soooooooo ENGINE SWAP.
They do?

Originally posted by BerserkWRX ok heres the deal. i need to find a turbo MR2 with a blown engine..cause they are cheaper, of course. and yes it has to be turbo cause everything works better and is already upgrade in the 2nd gen 93' and up. ok well if anyone knows any good sites or any one who has a turbo mr2 with a blown engine, please let me know.[/B]
Just get an NA and save yourself a ton of money. http://www.xcars.com

Originally posted by BerserkWRX ohh and all you people that have the "fastest mr2" in VA, just wait a year and i will be down there to spank all of you....hopefully ok thanks .[/B]
When the fastest MR2 in VA is Camry powered, I'll eat my hat.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:00 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

hehe, ive got one with a blown engine. but its not forsale.

not to mention i hear the engines have there problems
please elaborate.

and yes it has to be turbo cause everything works better and is already upgrade in the 2nd gen 93' and up.
what other than the brakes? personally i like the 91-92 suspension more...

ohh and all you people that have the "fastest mr2" in VA, just wait a year and i will be down there to spank all of you....hopefully ok thanks
i wouldnt count on it

best of luck with the swap.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:47 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Rockybling can only hope to improve

Ok i am doing an MR2 engine swap. If any of you read SportCompactCar its in the April 2003 issue.

Everyone just gets MR2's and ups the damn boost. that seems to boring and common. not to mention i hear the engines have there problems, soooooooo ENGINE SWAP. and the best part is, is that its a v6...meaning MORE TORQUE!!! oh yes much more torque in a mid engine rwd car...come on now. only makes sense.

ok heres the deal. i need to find a turbo MR2 with a blown engine..cause they are cheaper, of course. and yes it has to be turbo cause everything works better and is already upgrade in the 2nd gen 93' and up. ok well if anyone knows any good sites or any one who has a turbo mr2 with a blown engine, please let me know.

hmmm.....NO! I can't stand the new fad of replaceing a mr2 turbo 3sgte motor w/ a na camry motor and turboing it! if your serious about doing the swap check out www.board.mr2faq.com , many people have talked about doing it also. lets recap, what did the v6 mr2 put down anyway? 450hp right? and it was twincharged right.

I don't believe you, but i'll give ya the benefit of the doubt that you will try and be the fastest mr2 in va
Old 11-11-2003, 05:49 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

not to mention i hear the engines have there problems, soooooooo ENGINE SWAP.
haha, the 3sgte is actually one of the most "bullet proof" turbo motors ever made. theres actually people who've put down over 500whp on stock blocks!
Old 11-11-2003, 06:46 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: MR2 v6 ENGINE SWAP! Need help!

Originally posted by Rockybling
haha, the 3sgte is actually one of the most "bullet proof" turbo motors ever made. theres actually people who've put down over 500whp on stock blocks!
]

yeap but its hard to make 500 hp beyond that on them

most bullet proof 4 cylinders:
Toyota 3sgte
Volvo b230ft
Lotus
Saab
Nissan?
Porsche
Old 11-11-2003, 08:15 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Default Re: Re: Re: MR2 v6 ENGINE SWAP! Need help!

Originally posted by Boosted2003
]

yeap but its hard to make 500 hp beyond that on them

most bullet proof 4 cylinders:
Toyota 3sgte
Volvo b230ft
Lotus
Saab
Nissan?
Porsche
well honestly who needs more than 500hp on a 4 cylinder? i've heard of 3sgte having 700+ in supras and near 700 in mr2's. i still say, camry motors in mr2s=gay!
Old 11-11-2003, 08:22 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

right. sorta like the 5SFE...
Old 11-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: MR2 v6 ENGINE SWAP! Need help!

Originally posted by Rockybling
well honestly who needs more than 500hp on a 4 cylinder? i've heard of 3sgte having 700+ in supras and near 700 in mr2's. i still say, camry motors in mr2s=gay!
unless the its a drag car 500+ hp on use unless u are dyno queen.... but my motor will near that after i get my pauter rods back and omega pistons...
Old 11-11-2003, 10:38 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MR2 v6 ENGINE SWAP! Need help!

Originally posted by Boosted2003
unless the its a drag car 500+ hp on use unless u are dyno queen.... but my motor will near that after i get my pauter rods back and omega pistons...
clap clap clap

Quick Reply: MR2 v6 ENGINE SWAP! Need help!