Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The Mitsubishi Evo is no more . Era comes to an end

Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 AM
SUCKAFISH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8
Default The Mitsubishi Evo is no more . Era comes to an end

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/autoc...s-no-more.aspx

I’ve just spent an engaging half-hour in the company of Gayu Eusegi, Mitsubishi’s global product director.

Mostly we talked about the new Global Small Concept, which will be built in Thailand and sized somewhere between a Toyota Aygo and the Colt supermini. It’ll go on UK sale in 2012, effectively replacing the Colt in the line-up.

But also he told me some news, which seemed to surprise a few Mitsubishi Europe bods as much as it did me.

The Lancer Evolution X, Eusegi told me, will be the last Evo. “There is still a demand [for the car],” he said, “but we must stop.” Eyebrow up.

“Our influence now is EV technology,” Eusegi said, adding that the decision was a “policy change”.

It seems Mitsubishi, which is going to introduce eight full electric or hybrid cars by 2015, has decided its image is about lowering CO2, not making lurid replicas of rally cars that don’t go top-level rallying any more.

Eusegi said that customers would find it “easier to understand” what Mitsubishi was about if it was no longer in this motorsport-inspired market.

He seemed to put the rumoured diesel hybrid Evo replacement to bed, too. So the X will be the last Evolution model? “Yes. Maybe the world can change, and maybe someday we can do a motor race by electric vehicles,” said Eusegi. “Maybe then we can enter the market again.”

Until then, prepare yourselves for the end of an era.

The Evo had a good run..
Old 03-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal
Default Re: The Mitsubishi Evo is no more . Era comes to an end

Thats pretty cool, always been a fan of the EVO. But for a company to move in a more eco-friendly direction all together is pretty awesome. I hope more car companies will follow their lead. Then we can all throw a big middle finger to the middle east.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:27 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
Thats pretty cool, always been a fan of the EVO. But for a company to move in a more eco-friendly direction all together is pretty awesome. I hope more car companies will follow their lead. Then we can all throw a big middle finger to the middle east.
yes... dependency on petroleum is way, way, way too high...

but at the same time... i mean, fuck.

i guess it's not pc to be a car guy anymore... i wonder how long it will be before high performance cars are a thing of the past altogether.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Whats going to be funny is just like the guy said, we start racing electric motor cars. Instant power drag, drifting, road racing... shit will be nuttss.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 AM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Whats going to be funny is just like the guy said, we start racing electric motor cars. Instant power drag, drifting, road racing... shit will be nuttss.
That would be fun to see..
Old 03-02-2011, 06:59 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Signs of the coming times
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 AM
SUCKAFISH

Suck cause Subi is still doing the Sti..
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

And a gigantic hug to Red China where most of the cobalt and all of the neodymium required to make these magenets comes from....

In 2010 China cut it's rare earth exports by 30%

Back in November the Chinese banend the export to Japan for two months over a political beef which sent Toyota scrambling to find an alternative.

China is well aware of the strangle hold they have on the rare earth market.

The only real viable sources of cobalt come from China and the Congo. And the DR of Congo has been fighting a ridiculous civil war for the last 30 years.

100mph top speeds and 10 minute races will be AWESOME!!!

Last edited by Reloaded; 03-02-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

omg i was so good at that game as a kid

Quick Reply: The Mitsubishi Evo is no more . Era comes to an end