Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Misfires and Self clearing CEL?

Old 02-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7
Default Misfires and Self clearing CEL?

i have had a problem with CEL (missfires) comming on during normal daily driving. i took it to a local reputable shop and they looked over my complete install and all in all found nothing major wrong. well after a day or two my cel light comes on reading missfire on cylinders 2,3,4 and random missfire. i drive my 40 mile drive back to my house and when i start my car in the morning my cel is off this is the second time it has thrown these codes and the cel goes out by itself. correct me if i am wrong but the only way to clear a cel is if you clear it in kpro or take the the battery off and reset it that way. im at complete loss of ideas. i have checked spark plugs and updated with the newest map on kpro. i have also checked the the injector wiring everything is sodered well. i have only found one other case of something like this on hondatas forums and the guy had failing injectors. thats the only other thing i can think of.

following reasons i was given on my car was misfiring:
loose charge pipe- CEL came on with 4 hours after getting my car back
loose spark plugs and coilpacks- CEL came back on within a day of having my car back

my current set up is k20a3 with revhard kit running the kpro 10psi revhard map.

and one other thing....with my current wastegate spring i should be running 7.25 psi the max i have hit in datalogs has been 5.8psi. the i was told this is normal and that no setup runs the same out of the box unless manually set by a boost controller but i thought the wastegate spring is the lowest amount of boost allowed....

thanks for the help!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Means Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of
Default Re: Misfires and Self clearing CEL?

are you running a piggy back ecu?