Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Meth Setup......

Old 05-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Meth Setup......

Ok Im getting more and more intrested in running methanol into the Talon, but the question is where the hell can I get some Methanol? I know if you get some special license from the EPA you can make your own for like .40/gal but screw that hassle right now. So if anyone knows please let me know.

Also any recommendations as to who to go with if i dont make my own kit?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:42 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Meth Setup......

sure i have lots of experience setting up meth labs. let's meet up!
Old 05-31-2005, 02:47 PM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by reuter
sure i have lots of experience setting up meth labs. let's meet up!
Thats what I thought this thread was about...

But anyways, MM&FF's did an article on this,2 or 3 issues ago, installing methanol on an '03 Cobra.. Both VMP and MIR sell it, Va Speed sells it in 55 gallon drums if I remember and in the issue, they said you can use some type of Windshield washer fluid.. High concentration of meth.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by To0C0oL
Thats what I thought this thread was about...

But anyways, MM&FF's did an article on this,2 or 3 issues ago, installing methanol on an '03 Cobra.. Both VMP and MIR sell it, Va Speed sells it in 55 gallon drums if I remember and in the issue, they said you can use some type of Windshield washer fluid.. High concentration of meth.
Well I wanna do a striaght methanol injection setup. Not 50/50 unless i have to. I was thinking about doing H2O/Alchy but Meth from what i've read has so much more improvements. Basically 93 octane + Meth will give you more if not the same power as C16. Race gas maps all day long..........
Old 05-31-2005, 03:08 PM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

I havnt looked too much into it, but on the '03 Cobra they did, it had full exhuast, pulley, chip, throttle body, 2.3 whipple blower and was maxxed out fuel system wise. With the meth injection, they got like 43 more hp and 51 more torque, 1 more PSI and 2 more degrees timing and cleaned up the A/F.. And I think they were running a 50/50 mix.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:10 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Basically 93 octane + Meth will give you more if not the same power as C16. Race gas maps all day long..........
yea just dont run out

tomorrow at work i'll check to see if we have a methanol supplier here at work. weve always got tanks, bottles, canisters of all sorts of chemicals (probably why im growing a third ear on the back of my neck) and if we dont have it im sure i can find you a supplier. i'll check it out in the am.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Originally Posted by reuter
yea just dont run out

tomorrow at work i'll check to see if we have a methanol supplier here at work. weve always got tanks, bottles, canisters of all sorts of chemicals (probably why im growing a third ear on the back of my neck) and if we dont have it im sure i can find you a supplier. i'll check it out in the am.
The SMC kit seems to be the best reviewed kit to buy. It comes with the in car controller and there is a review on it on a Dsm board. 21 degrees of timing, 22psi on a 16g allowed him to run a 12.4, not too bad for very few mods.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:40 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

Meth is ~132 octane if i remember right..

I would do a search on the 3000GT forums and supraforums.com as more and more owners have been going to meth injection..
Old 05-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Lurker Extraordinair

TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid TwoValveKid

You could use a meth injection kit. Such as the one from snow performance. (which i have and love)

you can get concentrated meth from the toyota/bmw dealers. Washer fluid is basically methanol in the concentrated batches like these. Like 98-99% meth
Old 05-31-2005, 04:28 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

hmmm....i get washer fluid concentrate that is 100% alcohol and its $115/drum. not to mention its flammable as fuck.

hmmm.......

Quick Reply: Meth Setup......