Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Melbourne

Old 03-16-2007, 12:00 AM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Melbourne

Anybody else as excited as I am for the start of the new season? Any predictions? How about suprises?

I have no idea who to call for the championship but I think both Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen have a shot at a top 5 finish overall.

As far as at Melbourne, I think I'm leaning to a Ferrari one-two.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:56 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1
Default Re: Melbourne

Williams, RBR to surprise. (a williams on he podium at monaco, and maybe hungary)
Renault to disappoint. (4th in Constructors championship behind ferrari, BMW, Macca)

Honda, Toyota underachieve, again.

Mclaren struggle with reliability, again.

Alonso wins the most races, but one of the Ferrari's wins the championship. Hopefully Kimi in an ironic reversal of the 2005 season.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

i'm unfamiliar with these drag racers names? they from the new toyota drag team?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:52 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

what is the...uh...drag racing?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by tecnic1
Williams, RBR to surprise. (a williams on he podium at monaco, and maybe hungary)
Renault to disappoint. (4th in Constructors championship behind ferrari, BMW, Macca)

Honda, Toyota underachieve, again.

Mclaren struggle with reliability, again.

Alonso wins the most races, but one of the Ferrari's wins the championship. Hopefully Kimi in an ironic reversal of the 2005 season.
I do agree that Renault is going to disappoint. I think BMW has a chance at consistant podiums. I kind of see them as this years McLaren. They have the potential to be super fast but reliability is going to hurt them. They also don't have quite the drivers that McLaren had. I still think Ferrari is going to be the team to beat and I definently see them winning the constructors title if not the drivers championship. I think a lot of comparisons will be made between Massa and Fisi. Both of them being expected to step up and fill the VERY big shoes of last years lead drivers. Massa will succeed, Fisi won't. I don't see Honda or Toyota making much of a statement this year. In fact I wouldn't be suprised if Honda is beat by Super Aguri on a regular basis. Next year will see drastic changes for both teams. Spyker will fair better than the team they replaced, but still won't be a threat. Scott Speed will lose his job this year. Kimi will be the fastest man on the track, and like I said Kovalainin and Hamilton are the wild cards. They're going to suprise a lot of people.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

Originally Posted by Flite
Scott Speed will lose his job this year.
ha ha, thats the truth. It's good to see someone from the United States racing but Speed is more of an embarassment than anything else.

The DVR is already set because i don't feel like staying up until 1 or so in the AM just to watch the race "live".
Old 03-16-2007, 10:14 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by NEO_WRX
ha ha, thats the truth. It's good to see someone from the United States racing but Speed is more of an embarassment than anything else.

The DVR is already set because i don't feel like staying up until 1 or so in the AM just to watch the race "live".
This is one of the few times that living in Hawaii is great. The melbourne race starts at 5pm Saturday night for me, WOO HOO! !
Old 03-16-2007, 10:21 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by Flite
In fact I wouldn't be suprised if Honda is beat by Super Aguri on a regular basis.
SA is already faster by over a second in practice.

Keep in mind I'm the only one in the world who can call new Super Aguri fans "bandwagoners" if they start to do well.

It starts at 10PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

Originally Posted by dave22
It starts at 10PM.
hmm?

ahhh...it ends at 1am.

well now i feel a little better.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

hmm?

ahhh...it ends at 1am.

well now i feel a little better.

hehe DVR FTW! Anyone know how to download the recordings off of the COX DVR box?