VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Mazdaspeed 6 vs Hhr ss which one to buy? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/mazdaspeed-6-vs-hhr-ss-one-buy-475967/)

804GSX91 09-05-2013 06:33 AM

Mazdaspeed 6 vs Hhr ss which one to buy?

Hey Everybody,

Ok so I am looking at getting ether a mazdaspeed 6 or a hhr ss. There others that I'm considering if I can find for a good enough price such as a 06 or newer gto or mazdaspeed 3. Each of the cars have there pros and cons but I'm having a hard time deciding. The mazdaspeed 6 I think looks great and has awd to boot. However, I know the 2.3 can have some issues such as vvt chain rattle and smokey exhaust of you touch the downpipe. The Hhr ss has the LNf powertrain that's in something practical. The con to the hhr is mainly that the styling is questionable and it has pre bailout gm interior. I have found one of each in my price range and mileage is roughly the same so I ask you all which would you choose? Whichever one i get will be modded some nothihg extreme like exhaust,dp,tune etc.Or if you all have suggestions I am looking for a daily that is

06 or newer
70k or less miles
Max like 17k
Have some type of aftermarket

Thanks

Dough_Boy. 09-05-2013 06:40 AM

Re: Mazdaspeed 6 vs Hhr ss which one to buy?

I'd go with the mazda just on the fact that hhr's are pretty ugly.

Kim Jong Illin' 09-05-2013 06:46 AM

they're both fucking terrible.

SlvrSpec 09-05-2013 07:01 AM

I don't know why people always make these stupid threads. It's your money, spend it any way you want, we don't care what you buy

PTAD1 09-05-2013 07:02 AM

MS6

804GSX91 09-05-2013 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by SlvrSpec (Post 8204181)
I don't know why people always make these stupid threads. It's your money, spend it any way you want, we don't care what you buy

Uh ok was just asking for opinions on cars in a automotive discussion forum I guess that's stupid...lol

ufctapout 09-05-2013 07:10 AM

Vanagon.

power2weight 09-05-2013 07:16 AM

Mazdaspeed 6 vs Hhr ss which one to buy?

I would go with the hhr. The 2.3 Mazda turbo is a piece of crap, you will be putting a turbo on it soon. And maybe even a motor. Before 100k in most cases. I don't know to much about the chevy reliability, but I'm pretty sure the motor is stronger than the Mazda.

Priestiality 09-05-2013 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by power2weight (Post 8204191)
I would go with the hhr. The 2.3 Mazda turbo is a piece of crap, you will be putting a turbo on it soon. And maybe even a motor. Before 100k in most cases. I don't know to much about the chevy reliability, but I'm pretty sure the motor is stronger than the Mazda.

I would have just immediately written off the HHR because it's hideous but if the Mazda motor really is that wonky, the LNF is a pretty great alternative. Ecotecs have always been a decent FI swaps (forged internals and whatnot) and the LNF adds direct injection and the cute little turbo. GM was reflashing the autocross GXPs at nationals (basically anyone who wanted it) to roughly 300 whp... but it's still hideous.

OP, if you're set on a weird-ass crossover, I've always been partial to the SRT(or RT) Calibers.

804GSX91 09-05-2013 07:45 AM

Yeah the srt4 caliber is crazy looking but not as crazy as the hhr lol. The stage one option is nice and I would actually be getting it if I get one