Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

mazda question(euro rx8)

Old 03-21-2010, 08:21 PM
VintageGashHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry
Default mazda question(euro rx8)

as you all may know, i have my ep3 for sale, a 17 year old kid offered me a straight trade for a 2004 "standard power" 4 port renesis mazda rx8.
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...888&highlight=
does anyone know about the power of these, i have searched and found the specs but im not sure if i would like to partake in a Standard power rx8 knowing there are 6 ports out there. the hp differance is around 70hp. which is a big difference. are they worth the compromise of room and price. all positive input is appreciated
Old 03-22-2010, 03:34 AM
dl^_^lb ..l.,

beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch
Default Re: mazda question(euro rx8)

the only thing good about the RX8 is the Bose sound system. The car has no power, eats gas and oil like a bitch, and doesnt like to be driven with a cold engine. If you shut the car down without it being warmed up there is a chance you might flood the engine. There are videos online and in the manual how to start the car back up if this happens. The tail lights and headlights get filled up with water when its humid or after a big storm. Only asians or midgets are able to fit in the back seats. The resale value as you can see is garbage. From a top view the car looks like a penis.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:46 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by beeotch
the only thing good about the RX8 is the Bose sound system. The car has no power, eats gas and oil like a bitch, and doesnt like to be driven with a cold engine. If you shut the car down without it being warmed up there is a chance you might flood the engine. There are videos online and in the manual how to start the car back up if this happens. The tail lights and headlights get filled up with water when its humid or after a big storm. Only asians or midgets are able to fit in the back seats. The resale value as you can see is garbage. From a top view the car looks like a penis.
I lost.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

the 04 autotragic RX-8 is the most problematic of the first year 8's
they are incredibly slow and WAY underpowered
also with the early auto's the shift points are set so badly you never really get into the power band
$8k is still too much for that car - you can find a manual "Sport" model for that price

Now if you really like the 8's save up for a later 05 model most of early issues were dealt with by then
Also rotary ownership takes some dedication so if you're going to be a whineey faggot who can't take the time to warm up the motor don't get one - deflooding the engine is easy btw if you know what you're doing.

Last edited by Niburu; 03-22-2010 at 05:13 AM.