Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

MARKET RESEARCH: S14 Roll Bars and Cages

Old 11-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince
Default MARKET RESEARCH: S14 Roll Bars and Cages

Originally posted by SpeedAlliance
Didn't know where to post this.

Just doing a little market research.

I have an opporutunity to team up with a local fabricator to help the S14 community in creating a 4-point roll bar with removeable cross bar and harness bar.

These will be SCCA auto-X approved.

No pricing will be mentioned on this board.

A 6 point cage can be made at a higher price.

Again, I just wanted to give you all an alternative to the Cusco bars.

So just reply to this with questions, comments or concerns. I would hate to have these built and sit on 20 roll bars.

Thanks
Chris
chris@speedalliance.com
this was taken from www.zilvia.net I'm working on this with Chris on this project to gage interest for them. so if you are interested please contact him or me eric@importculture.com or go to http://www.speedalliance.com
Old 11-20-2003, 11:49 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

I was about to order a Cusco 4 point for $450 and ~$75 for shipping. How does this compare?

What will the material be? Will it be painted? Any idea on weight? Works with a sunroof, without one? More details please
Old 11-20-2003, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Originally posted by eng
I was about to order a Cusco 4 point for $450 and ~$75 for shipping. How does this compare?

What will the material be? Will it be painted? Any idea on weight? Works with a sunroof, without one? More details please
i will get that info, but i'll give yuo the email of a guy that was selling me a cusco for 320 plus shipping. =) i'll do it tonight if my wife isn't on the computer.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

also eric, you will need a car that has a rear cross bar installed. there are ALOT of 240 people with the DO LUCK rear cross bar. and all the cusco's dont work with the rxb.

just a compatibility heads up.....and FYI i have a RXB in my s14.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Originally posted by Greaser
also eric, you will need a car that has a rear cross bar installed. there are ALOT of 240 people with the DO LUCK rear cross bar. and all the cusco's dont work with the rxb.

just a compatibility heads up.....and FYI i have a RXB in my s14.
True, good point. Do you know if the do luck tension bar works with the rxb, I'll look that up. But I would like to see yours to see how much room there is to play with, with the rxb in place. But ill bring that up with speed allience to see if they can work around it.

Good inout and questions so far.

How many peopl here with s14s would be interested in them?
Old 11-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

id be interested. i want to stiffen up the rear a bit more.

I have a cusco rear stb and the do luck interior x bar.

You wannna meet up tonight or tomarrow to check out the bar? im pming you my phone number.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

also the setup cannot affect rear passenger compartment, i placed my subs in the rear 1/4 panels under the factory plastic so i can still use the rear fold down seat and still carry one or two passengers when i need to.

i'd like to see the design phase they have going to make suggestions.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Originally posted by Ultraprince
. Do you know if the do luck tension bar works with the rxb,

dunno what part you are talking about, never heard of it. (the tension bar part)
Old 11-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Brssmnky is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm interested. It will cost a fortune to ship across the country though. I would like to see the design before i commit, of course.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Brssmnky is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess SpeedAlliance survived the fires then?

FYI: Chris posted this on freshalloy 6 or 7 months ago as well, white bunny advised him of the RXB issues.

Last edited by Brssmnky; 11-20-2003 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: MARKET RESEARCH: S14 Roll Bars and Cages