Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Maaco ...

Old 10-05-2003, 07:43 PM
no longer a moder8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad
Default Maaco ...

i know people always seem to hate on the place , but my car is ten years old and i just want it repainted ... i dont see the point in spending 1800 dollars on a paint job whens thats 1/3 value of the car ... anyone had any good/decent jobs come out of there ... just looking for some input
Old 10-05-2003, 07:49 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

i had a car done there. spent 1100 on paint and body work. they had to paint it twice cause the whoel car came out in orange peel and looked lke shit. dont recommend them. harmonds body shop does a really good job from what i have seen.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

My friend got his car painted there and it came out quite nice. We also knew the gentleman spraying the car personally, so I'm sure that helped.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:46 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

you get what you pay for
Old 10-05-2003, 09:03 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by 5th Gen
you get what you pay for
unless you do it yourself (and you know what you're doing )
Old 10-05-2003, 09:21 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

$1800 for a stock paintjob?

Isnt the teg black? Black and white are the cheapest paints.. wont cost much at all for a good black paintjob from a decent place. (ie, not maco.)
Old 10-05-2003, 09:30 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Originally posted by wantsa240
unless you do it yourself (and you know what you're doing )
This man gets a cookie....thats the way i did it
Old 10-05-2003, 11:38 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally posted by SignfcntOthr
My friend got his car painted there and it came out quite nice. We also knew the gentleman spraying the car personally, so I'm sure that helped.
Knowing the person doing the actual spraying tends to negate any shop reputation.

Barring that fact, it's basically "you get what you pay for". If you can, do as much prepwork yourself as possible.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:24 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

whats the average price on a sanded, then primed, then painted black on a standard size car?
Old 10-06-2003, 08:42 AM
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

ugh, i dont recommend them at all unless you just want to repaint the car for your grandma or something. Not recommended for a high quality paint job like we are looking for in the car tuner hobby. I got mine done there, 600 dollars. Prep and Paint + 2year warranty on paint and rust work.

They did a crappy prep job, when they took the masking off, some of the paint came off with it around the door handle and sun roof, all they did was paint over it with a brush and left over paint. I can see all the sanding, and they wont do anything unless you tell them too. When they give you an estimate point out EVERY scratch and dent, cuz they wont get it. I had some scratches on the back that were rusted, he didnt catch it, so they just sprayed over it. Now i can see the rust bubbling up underneath.

I say if you want a quick cheap paint job to paint an older car, go for it. But like everyone else said, you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Maaco ...