VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   m series question (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/m-series-question-45634/)

silver232 03-14-2004 07:36 PM

m series question

tell me if im wrong, but arnt there only two m series cars? the M5 and M3? tonight some one passed me in a M I but there was only that single badge on the upper right corner of the trunk lid. there was no oterh badging on the side. it was black, four door, orange gauges and looked like 15or16 inch rims.

GodsOther 03-14-2004 07:38 PM

Re: m series question

Originally Posted by silver232
tell me if im wrong, but arnt there only two m series cars? the M5 and M3? tonight some one passed me in a M I but there was only that single badge on the upper right corner of the trunk lid. there was no oterh badging on the side. it was black, four door, orange gauges and looked like 15or16 inch rims.

This has changed throughout the years, there used to be an M6 I believe as well www.bmwusa.com will list all the current M series cars but in the past there was others, I even think there was an M Coupe or some such shortly after bond made the Z3 famous.

silver232 03-14-2004 07:41 PM

oh yeah, i forget about the m coupe. this thing looked like a fake though. it didnt have the m color bar things. < hope that makes sence.

GodsOther 03-14-2004 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by silver232
oh yeah, i forget about the m coupe. this thing looked like a fake though. it didnt have the m color bar things. < hope that makes sence.

yeah the motorsport logo, I dunno I didn't see it so i couldn't tell you.

SinceNine19 03-14-2004 09:17 PM

I've only heard of:

M Coupe
M3
M5
M6
M Roadster

for M series of BMW, maybe there's more, but I don't believe they ever made an M1.

sung 03-14-2004 09:33 PM

Did you get a view of the side mirrors?

trip 03-14-2004 10:40 PM

realistically someone probably just put an m emblem on a 318/25/28

today i saw the car the you described driving down near CNU that was being driven by a high teen to earily 20s white guy. it was a black 4 door with clear corners, amber gauges are stock, and it sounded like a 318 but it had the motorsport emblem on the trunk so judging from the sound im pretty sure the emblem is just for looks cause there is nothing m that i could tell about the car.

i tried to give him a wave or something but he didnt look over at me when i was next to him driving

and there was an m1 but i highly doubt that you saw one of those... they are older and very rare

silver232 03-15-2004 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by sung
Did you get a view of the side mirrors?

no i didnt, i was distracted by the hubcap-less wheels. and the 80's instrument cluster.

silver232 03-15-2004 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by trip
....and there was an m1 but i highly doubt that you saw one of those... they are older and very rare

what do they look like?

urvtecs2slo 03-15-2004 04:06 AM

there is at least 1 M1 in the area that i know of. came into Atlantic Autowerks maybe a year ago. it was red. i likey.