Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Lucky Cop - z06 police car

Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 AM
1.6L Elitist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts
Default Lucky Cop - z06 police car

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5627632/

I love how their justification is.. we are going to use this Z06 to "fight drugs and crime". Can't do that shit in regular old cop cars. 80k would buy the county 2 cops for a year.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:07 AM
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken
Default Re: Lucky Cop - z06 police car

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5627632/

I love how their justification is.. we are going to use this Z06 to "fight drugs and crime". Can't do that shit in regular old cop cars. 80k would buy the county 2 cops for a year.
perhaps i'm understanding it wrong, but i think the sheriff stated that the z06 was reposessed and they went to court to obtain ownership?

now if they did flat out purchase it, thats just stupid. I mean, it's not like we're in a recession or anything
Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Jedi Grand Master

94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Black_Man
perhaps i'm understanding it wrong, but i think the sheriff stated that the z06 was reposessed and they went to court to obtain ownership?

now if they did flat out purchase it, thats just stupid. I mean, it's not like we're in a recession or anything
The video clearly states the local P.D. didn't pay a dime for it.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 AM
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

Originally Posted by 94 SN4KE
The video clearly states the local P.D. didn't pay a dime for it.
thought so, thats what i call cost effectiveness
Old 07-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Jedi Grand Master

94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of

hell yea !! Sweet ride.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:16 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

I think I should have been more clear: selling it would net them some serious profits since they paid NOTHING. All local police complain they do not have enough money, but here is their opportunity to net 60k. Hell they could raffle it and probably make more.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
I think I should have been more clear: selling it would net them some serious profits since they paid NOTHING. All local police complain they do not have enough money, but here is their opportunity to net 60k. Hell they could raffle it and probably make more.
Doubt it would go for 60k. With its history, closer to 40k or less.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

CrJenkins13 is on a distinguished road

OP is probably suggesting the $80,000 if they sold the car, or something. I don't think it's a bad idea to keep the car. Considering the opprotunity cost (of selling the car), it's worth the investment to keep it for a couple years, and then sell it.

However, I don't see how a Corvette will help find drugs any more than an unmarked Taurus, Accord, etc would.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 AM
can u catch me?

DRAY has disabled reputation

the car was obtained during a street racing bust. the vette is going to serve the same purpose as the 03 cobra and tt 350z in charlotte nc. to "ATTEMPT" to crack down on the street racing community in nc.
but all that it means is that the ppl on the street just gotta go faster!

Last edited by DRAY; 07-24-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: some dicks wana be editing. better?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:16 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by DRAY
the car was obtained during a street racing bust. the vette is going to serve the same perpus as the 03 cobra and tt 350z in charlotte nc. to "ATTEMPT" to crack down on the street racing community in nc.
but all that it means is that the ppl on the street just gotta go faster!
What the hell is a perpus?

Quick Reply: Lucky Cop - z06 police car