Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ls1 guys...

Old 09-11-2010, 05:34 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default Re: ls1 guys...

Originally Posted by Esco99
lol I think this guy was expecting a 11sec car or something
lol i no rite?

my point is, it didn't live up to the hype. it's just a big, plasticy car with a v8- not God's gift to motoring like i heard so often 4 YEARS AGO.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:52 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

The God references are related to the motor, not the car itself. The motor responds amazingly to bolt ons. The car itself, its an American made car. Nothing flashy, especially interior wise. I'm on my second 4th gen and I love em, just different strokes for different folks. I personally prefer loud American muscle over foreign cars. I'll probably keep the one I have now for yeeeeaaaars. Mainly because its a 2000, <25K on it, and i've put enough money into to where I DON'T want to let any one else have it lol. A 500 WHP camaro is insanely gun.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:40 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by WutupYo
The God references are related to the motor, not the car itself. The motor responds amazingly to bolt ons. The car itself, its an American made car. Nothing flashy, especially interior wise. I'm on my second 4th gen and I love em, just different strokes for different folks. I personally prefer loud American muscle over foreign cars. I'll probably keep the one I have now for yeeeeaaaars. Mainly because its a 2000, <25K on it, and i've put enough money into to where I DON'T want to let any one else have it lol. A 500 WHP camaro is insanely gun.
i won't dispute this. i still loved my big, loud, 4-wheel drum brake having 68 chevelle i had all those years ago, and at least with a 2000 you'd get power brakes. i still have plans to someday build another chevelle weekend/drag car, and i could easily see myself substituting 'chevelle' with 'camaro', even a 4th gen if the price was right.

all i'm saying is that 4-7 years ago, people were blowing these cars up to holy proportions, even stock. i had heard stories of mid 12 seconds and over 420 whp stock... probably a load of crap but they were just too common to ignore. the purpose of this thread actually was because i fell into this trap, thinking that there has to be some merit to these claims, and encouraged my buddy to see if he could find one. he did, and he bought it... it turned out to be a disappointment, and i felt bad for recommending it.

now if he had bought the car for purposes of turning it into a non-daily driven track car, he probably would have loved it. but he ended up getting bored with it almost immediately, especially when he found out exhaust, lid, and headers (bolt-ons) would cost about $2500 total, and sold it for peanuts two years later- some people just can't justify the expense of modifying cars. the car is probably still circulating today- it was a stock pewter ss t-top 6-speed, probably only had about 7x,xxx miles on it when he sold it back in 08-ish.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

The only times I have heard these cars making 420 rwhp stock are from jackass's that don't know what they are talking about. 290-325rwhp stock-Yes. 12.90-low 13's stock-Yes.