Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ls1 guys...

Old 09-12-2006, 05:17 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default ls1 guys...

yes i'm too fucking lazy to do my own research because i'm not the one who's actually buying the car. anyway...

a buddy of mine is strongly considering buying a 2000-2002 ws6 or ss. what's the main differences between the ws6/ss and base trans-am/z-28? and what is a good mileage range to look at for these cars? the one he's looking at is an 01 (i think) ws6 6-speed with 27k miles for 20k. worth it?

thanks.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:25 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS
Default Re: ls1 guys...

suspension, intake, exhaust, interior appointments...

i wouldn't pay that much for the car seeing as how the next generation is coming out in 2 years, but it might be worth it to him. he could probably find a car that is just as nice with a few more miles for something more like 13 or 15.

www.ls1tech.com for info and classifieds

Last edited by J. O. BUDS; 09-12-2006 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rally Red 98
suspension, intake, wheels, traction control
pretty much
Old 09-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by blackout
yes i'm too fucking lazy to do my own research because i'm not the one who's actually buying the car. anyway...

a buddy of mine is strongly considering buying a 2000-2002 ws6 or ss. what's the main differences between the ws6/ss and base trans-am/z-28? and what is a good mileage range to look at for these cars? the one he's looking at is an 01 (i think) ws6 6-speed with 27k miles for 20k. worth it?

thanks.
they blue book higher than that.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:30 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

sometimes you seem knowledgeable, most times you don't...
Old 09-12-2006, 05:33 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
they blue book higher than that.
this is why i was asking the ls1 guys. i can look up the blue book value, the ws6 is somewhat of a niche-value car that can spike up the value in certain instances. and quoting someone and typing 'pretty much' really is not helpful at all.

rallyred, thanks for the link.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

i was agreeing with him, that's all, do i need to type "sway bars, spring rates, exhaust, wheels and ram air hood/airbox " to seem like i know what i'm saying?
and they normally go for about 20k, but blue book prob says more like 25k. and dealers tend to ask about 26k.
but seeing how they're not a dime a dozen they are nice finds. So, yes 20k is a good deal
Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

Originally Posted by Rally Red 98
sometimes you seem knowledgeable, most times you don't...
most times i'm messing around or am too lazy to type it all out.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 AM
master debater

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
most times i'm messing around or am too lazy to type it all out.
you also accused gyl of having a nascar motor.

anyway, i think i'm going to try to convince him to buy a z28 or trans-am and just install an aftermarket ram-air package and suspension components if he wants it.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:28 AM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

If all he wants is the cosmetic value, then yes it is worth the extra coin for the WS6 and SS packages. If he is looking for performance than skip that shit and get as close to a stripper as possible and save himself the coin. There are a few rare examples of stripper SS's out there, but good luck finding them. You will not find a stripper Trans AM WS6, all Trans AM's are full optioned cars, but you my find an even rarer Formual WS6 stripper from 2000, the possibility of finding Osama is higher................................
For the mileage and year (01-02) it is worth $18-19k, as long as it is as near stock as possible, and if is the most perfect example of a car then maybe $20k. For a 2000 I would not be willing to spend the coin on it, I would drop the price another 2 grand.

Quick Reply: ls1 guys...