Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Looking to get a Nissan 240 Coupe, advice needed.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:39 AM
WS6
www.autocross.us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to get a Nissan 240 Coupe, advice needed.

I want to get a Nissan 240 Coupe with the non-popup headlights.
Not sure what years they come in so any info is helpfull.
here is a picture I found of one that I like, but have no info about it.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Looking to get a Nissan 240 Coupe, advice needed.

Well to start you would have to buy a coupe with the pop-ups since thats the only way we got them in the US.

The kit is a conversion so to speak, its just stock parts from Japan that can bolt up to the body of the popup car.

Kits arent that pricy anymore so its not that big of a deal to do a conversion.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

edit sorry, your picture didnt load and it threw me off
Old 04-29-2005, 11:07 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

That would be a Nissan Silvia. Preston is right, you'd have to buy a 89-94 240sx coupe and then buy the Silvia front end. I recommend getting them from www.jgycustoms.com.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

What you need for a 240 of that year range with fixed headlights:

240sx coupe
S13 Silvia fenders
S13 Silvia hood
S13 Silvia front bumper
S13 Silvia headlights (plus the L-brackets)
S13 Silvia corner lamps
S13 Silvia center garnish

Like I said in the S14 thread, if you're thinking of putting on a body kit, now would be a good time to do it. Getting aftermarket panels is easier than sourcing Japanese OEM panels that won't require bodywork, and both are going to need paint anyways.

There are various variations to consider in regards to stock things like the headlights and bumper (if you go stock on that):

http://northwestnissans.com/test/nek...ont/front.html

It's an easy conversion, i.e. unbolt all the panels and unhook any plugs associated with lights, then bolt on the new panels and hook any plugs associated with lights. It's going to be mostly 10 and 12 mm bolts. Some of them really suck to get to (like the fender ones), so you can just leave most of them out and use zip ties on the others when reinstalling. There are 6 bolts total holding my fenders and bumper on (two in the bumper center, 1 on the passenger fender that's shared with hole for the overflow tank, and the equivalent hole on the driver's side for the sake of symmetry), the rest are ziptied, and it's plenty sturdy.

Oh yeah, where I mentioned the L-brackets for the headlights, make sure the front end conversion you have has them. There are two L-brackets, one for each Silvia headlight, that bolt on where the pop-up headlights used to be, and are what keep the Silvia headlights from sagging downwards. When you buy a front end conversion, sometimes they don't come with those brackets, and you'll have to fab your own, which is a pain in the ass.

Also, the picture you have, that particular car has the Japanese OEM fenders and hood, triple projector headlights, Bomex front bumper, GTR-style front grille, and Japanese OEM turnsignals. The turnsignals are interchangable with the US one, so you can use your stock oranges if you don't want to spring for the turnsignals, or if you can find a Nissan Stanza with white turnsignals, use those lenses for an all white turnsignal.

I'm pretty sure that any of us would have no problem helping you do the conversion if you need help. If anything, ask where all the bolts are so you won't go crazy.

Go stare at some pics and get some ideas:

http://images.google.com/images?q=s1...r=&sa=N&tab=wi
Old 04-29-2005, 12:29 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
Some of them really suck to get to (like the fender ones),
This cannot be overstated. I haven't sworn as much in years as I did getting the fender bolts off mine. You'll also want to take notice of the condition on the bottom of the fenders behind the wheel. If the car has been jacked up from there, the area where the fender bolts on can be mangled and that's also a paint in the ass.

P.S.- Manny, let me know if you want to come and have a look at mine. It's not too complicated at all.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

took a quick pic (all the fender bolts are 10mm):

Whenever I put my fenders on, I use zipties for the top and bottom of those two bolts, and omit the middle one altogether.

Oh yeah, I don't have the middle mounting tab because I removed mine.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to get a Nissan 240 Coupe, advice needed.-tabs.jpg  
Old 04-29-2005, 04:30 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Holy hell they are not joking about the bolts on the fender...
Old 04-29-2005, 08:28 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

there's a headlight connector from the popup setup with about a one foot harness that connects to the silvia headlights also. dont throw this out! you will need it for the conversion. also remember that you shave about 20 lbs when you do the conversion so its a funtional swap as well. good luck man.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:54 AM
#XV

Originally Posted by gpeele
also remember that you shave about 20 lbs when you do the conversion so its a funtional swap as well. good luck man.
I don't know about that much. My Silvia hood wieghs about 15 lbs more than the 240sx hood.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a Nissan 240 Coupe, advice needed.