Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Local S2000/Ferrari F40 owners dicsussion thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The real Ryan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Local S2000/Ferrari F40 owners dicsussion thread

I had K Sports in 2007 on my ap1 and it rode like a fuckin dump truck. The thing was basically a go cart. Cummutes on I64 were a nightmare. Awesome for handling but a terrible, terrible DD suspension. Pretty sure they are like 700lb springs on a shitty Taiwan shock that can't compensate for the rate.

I'm just a Koni/GC fan but I've never owned a $2000+ suspension either. My S had 450F/550R GC's and it did everything great. Back then pretty much everyone had the Koni/GC combo. But you know how things go new shit comes out and the bandwagon follows. KWv3's have always been a top notch setup though, I've always wanted to try those.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

lol @ ksport and "awesome handling". every set i've had to deal with has been junk.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

I absolutely HATED the Ksports on my SVT contour, and I had the premo "RR" version

I also hated the D2s (same company as ksport) on my friend's 240, so yeah fuck those coilovers
Old 03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
BROSCIENCE

DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy

Originally Posted by Archer:8097496
lol @ ksport and "awesome handling". every set i've had to deal with has been junk.
No one said handled
Old 03-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

I test drove an AP1 with Tein Flex and it rode pretty well, didn't test the handling though. I'm pretty pleased with stock shocks/eibach springs on my smurf car, although with 80k on the shocks they are starting to get tired.

Think I'm leaning towards bilstein pss9 once I move out of the obstacle course that is norfolk.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:22 PM
BROSCIENCE

DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy

Originally Posted by POS DSM:8097533
I test drove an AP1 with Tein Flex and it rode pretty well, didn't test the handling though. I'm pretty pleased with stock shocks/eibach springs on my smurf car, although with 80k on the shocks they are starting to get tired.

Think I'm leaning towards bilstein pss9 once I move out of the obstacle course that is norfolk.
My S rode better with K Sports than my Integra on Tein suspension.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:59 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

im on yellows and gc's with 550lb springs and i love how it rides and handles. of course it also has a cusco front sway and lower brace but still
Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by DwiZZy
No one said handled
Actually yes he did. Read the post that I was referring to before correcting me. Kthxbye.

Originally Posted by The real Ryan
I had K Sports in 2007 on my ap1 and it rode like a fuckin dump truck. The thing was basically a go cart. Cummutes on I64 were a nightmare. Awesome for handling but a terrible, terrible DD suspension. Pretty sure they are like 700lb springs on a shitty Taiwan shock that can't compensate for the rate.

I'm just a Koni/GC fan but I've never owned a $2000+ suspension either. My S had 450F/550R GC's and it did everything great. Back then pretty much everyone had the Koni/GC combo. But you know how things go new shit comes out and the bandwagon follows. KWv3's have always been a top notch setup though, I've always wanted to try those.

Last edited by Archer; 03-13-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

I will rephrase it- The Ksports of that era made the S handle like a go cart, which is what I prefer in my cars. I do not like alot of body roll and I like quick twitchy steering. So to me they were alot of fun. Just the commuting sucked, obv they are a low quality shock and way too much spring.

While the PSS's are a little soft for my taste, I've also had exp with the PSS9's and they are great all around. On the lowest setting they are as soft as the PSS and great for commuting but on the highest setting they were comparable to my Koni/GC setup. Def a fan of the Pss9's on the S

Last edited by The real Ryan; 03-13-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:32 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by DwiZZy
KWV3s aren't shit though, and they're good on the track. I had K Sports because I daily drove my car and that was it, it never saw a track while under my possession. Now my next one will be a different story, that will have a nice suspension setup for tracking and daily driving...probably KWV3s or Fortune 500s
Originally Posted by shawn22
V3's are decent yeah. K sports arent.

I've got KW V3s on mine and I love them. The ride is no worse than stock. Sure it's inherently stiffer, but it's so well controlled than you don't even notice any degredation from stock. The car handles incredibly and at the limit is more predictable than stock. I might stiffen the front sway up slightly if I go to a square tire setup, but as is, I cant imagine anything performing much better without spending an astronomical amount of money.

Of course, mine still has usable suspension travel and legitimate performance tires that fit the wheels they're mounted on properly, so that may have something to do with it.

Quick Reply: Local S2000/Ferrari F40 owners dicsussion thread