Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Local MR2 discussion thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Local MR2 discussion thread

Ah, the basis of any good build. Replica body parts, eBay OEM copies, and a hood prop as part of a mod list. I had to scroll back up to the pictures because I was sure this was a Honda build thread.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:25 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Ah, the basis of any good build. Replica body parts, eBay OEM copies, and a hood prop as part of a mod list. I had to scroll back up to the pictures because I was sure this was a Honda build thread.
Well unlike most cars a majority of the MR2s aftermarket is discontinued. Getting authentic parts means buying used and buying used means its probably damaged. I don't see the point in buying used body parts. Especially so I can tell people that if they get under the car and look behind the part they can see the GRACER sticker glassed into the part.

At least I'm not trying to fake the funk like guys with Grids and Volk stickers on them.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Registered member

mr2uned has disabled reputation

Looks like a good build probegt-ze. I see a lot of quality parts on that list especially that gen4 engine. Keep us posted on the build. I'm very interested to see how this turns out.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Registered member

yahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these parts

My buddy drives the red/silver body panel'd mk3 mr2 that's 2zz swapped. Sorry for it being such an eye sore, we're working on it :/
Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Yeah it's in the body shop getting work done. Should be up and running sometime next month. I'll bring it to Cars & Coffee.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Still coming along with the body work. Motor's all finished up. Here's a pic of what color it's going to be:

Aeroware wing molded one piece into the lower deck:

Old 07-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

miata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these parts
Default Local MR2 discussion thread

Does any one have a set of rear strut mounts aka top hats for a sw20 for sale if so pm me please
Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

Name:  WnsvTRNl.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  91.3 KB

Anyone have a red or carbon hood? I also need a red bumper if you have it.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:15 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Still painting/fitting things.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:42 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

That color is amazing.

Quick Reply: Local MR2 discussion thread