Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Light bulbs and Angel Eyes

Old 07-16-2004, 03:08 AM
I have a 20 valve...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default Light bulbs and Angel Eyes

Okay folks, I think my lights suck. I'd fucking hit one of these little moped riding italians if it wasn't for good intuition. So now I need some help.
what are a very bright, very good set of bulbs. Not HID, since I know that was on the tip of everybodies tongues, but lightbulbs.
What are some good brands, where to buy them, and how much SHOULD they cost, so if i find a price I'll know if its good or not.

Also, where can I get a set of Angel Eyes for my Rex, 91 Si, with the black housing. A good set, no crappy ebay specials (which is sad to say, I'm actually looking at them)

Thanks
Old 07-16-2004, 03:24 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: Light bulbs and Angel Eyes

Street glo makes a good set of hyper whites. As long as your harnesses can support the wattage. I dunno about the angel eyes though. I'd check ebay for them.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:44 AM
Banned

c1t1d1 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you really want some good one silver star light sytems and bulbs are really good but a little more in price.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:09 AM
ReRegistered User

NSXNEXT is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on the vision you want to see on the road these are the two I used for actual visibility. The ion crystal works great in the rain but some people don't like the yellow color. The other bulb is awesome but the price and the amount of heat your stock plugs/connectors will take is massive.

Old 07-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

Orange_Fly_Bye has disabled reputation

I got some silver stars and they work great alot brighter to me then stock lights.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Mini Trucker.

Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower

clear lenses and piaa bulbs.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

piaa for non hid money
Old 07-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Banned

mainevent212 is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the silverstar bulbs myself...they work pretty well and dont look blue...they're just nice white light
Old 07-17-2004, 11:28 AM

E36DJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mainevent212
i like the silverstar bulbs myself...they work pretty well and dont look blue...they're just nice white light
That PIAA stuff is COMPLETE BS. The only reason they are legally allowed to write "HID" on the front is because they are marketed for a different country, here that's called false advertising.

HID = High intensity discharge, ie. an arch of electricity flowing between two metal poles, there is no wire between the poles like halogens which is ALL those bulbs are, nothing about them is HID.

If you want the brightest bulbs, get silver stars from sylvania or use OEM halogens, just because they are blue doesn't mean they are bright. Don't look at the kelvin temperature (ie. 7500k) as that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the light output, that is strictly to measure the color of the light. Look at the lumen output of the bulb - that's what really matters. If you want both, REAL HIDs (with ballasts/ignitors) are the only way to go (blue color with real light output.)

I hate all this ricer bulb shit, save up a couple hundred more, instead of living a lie with this "HID" wannabe crap.

edit: As a general rule the higher the color temp, the lower the light output (lumens) is. NO OEM HID system is higher than 4500k, different projector systems can alter the colors slightly (BMW X5, 7 series, S2000, and some audis come to mind - they are still 4500 max.) 12000k is significantly less bright than 6000k. Having said that, higher temp on a regular halogen bulb (ricer blue bulbs) throws out little to no light, they are very unsafe. Sylvania silver stars are the only "blue" (not very blue though) bulb that gives you more light.

Last edited by E36DJ; 07-17-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Aren't HIDs illegal in a non-OEM installation..?

Quick Reply: Light bulbs and Angel Eyes