Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

License Plate Covers

Old 01-17-2005, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krazyjosh5 has disabled reputation
Default License Plate Covers

Are license plate covers illegal in VA? I have the camera blocker covers on there but they should be classified as regular plate covers correct? Ive heard people swear that they are legal and that they are illegal.

Ideas?

PS - It would look something like this:

Last edited by krazyjosh5; 01-17-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:09 AM
Everyday

BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ
Default Re: License Plate Covers

Originally Posted by krazyjosh5
Are license plate covers illegal in VA? I have the camera blocker covers on there but they should be classified as regular plate covers correct? Ive heard people swear that they are legal and that they are illegal.

Ideas?
Ok you just mentioned that you got the camera blocking cover right?
now how can they be classified as regular plate covers, please tell me.
Well, based on my knowledge any plate cover that blocks the proper view of a license plate be it by sight "eye" or mechanical "camera" IT'S ILLEGAL!!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Clear covers I do not believe are illegal, but if a polic officer walked up to your car and noticed at certain angles you couldn't read the plate he'd probably tell you to take it off.

Oh yeah don't run redlights and you won't have to worry about that.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:46 AM

BlackEJ: The cover simply blocks it at certain angles. It can still be read perfectly fine by police on the road.

ritz: Yeah, well I dont run red lights but Id rather not have my insurance rates screwed for an honest mistake (and so the city gets some nice revenue)
Old 01-17-2005, 01:54 PM

any other feedback from other members on this topic would still be very appreciated.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:15 PM

BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute

i would buy it. Where are you getting it from?
Old 01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-716

§ 46.2-716. How license plates fastened to vehicle; altering appearance of license plates.

B. No colored glass, colored plastic, or any other type of covering shall be placed, mounted, or installed on or over any license plate if such glass, plastic, or other type of covering in any way alters or obscures (i) the alpha-numeric information, (ii) the color of the license plate, (iii) the name or abbreviated name of the state wherein the vehicle is registered, or (iv) any character or characters, decal, stamp, or other device indicating the month or year in which the vehicle's registration expires. No insignia, emblems, or trailer hitches or couplings shall be mounted in such a way as to hide or obscure any portion of the license plate or render any portion of the license plate illegible.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:38 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

It's Virginia. It's illegal. Always remember that. Always.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

A friend of mine just got a ticket and he has those on his car. The cop didn't say anything to him. He was clocked at a supposed 67 in a 45. The cop wrote it for 10 over though. I don't think he was actually clocked.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by BKS_SC2
i would buy it. Where are you getting it from?
from the magical land of ebay lol

Quick Reply: License Plate Covers