Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: Who does their job???
State Police
67.57%
City(w-burg/jcc, newport news, hampton, norfolk, etc.)
13.51%
Sheriff's department
10.81%
Top Guard, har har har
8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Law Enforcement. Who actually does their job?

Old 07-08-2003, 03:37 PM
LicenseNregistration

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stealthassassin is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm lets see, i eat donuts, i hang out at 7-eleven....i think i do my job
Old 07-08-2003, 04:01 PM

PoisonSVT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by stealthassassin
At least he's honest
Old 07-08-2003, 04:09 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

heh heh heh
Old 07-08-2003, 04:11 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

how bout....if each and everyone of them wasn't doing their jobs you might very well be dead right now. They piss me off some times too but they're there for a reason.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:12 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

once again, this thread is NOT for bitching. this is simply to understand what this community thinks of who is doing their job, and who is getting kind of lazy about it, i.e. va beach police lettin people slide through red lights quite a bit. that's all.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:57 PM
whats hood?

BLUE ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

all of them do thier jobs, just some of them take it to far and act like assholes, but thats just a select few, it's like how everyone gets mad at ricers because it makes everyone with a car look bad, some differance, just a few cops that are picky and shity about things makes you catorgrize all cops as pricks, which is far from true i've come across some really cool cops before.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Drop Top 13B is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe in mutual respect and dignity. If you talk down to me or try to intimadate me, it just pushes my buttons even more. Basically, from my experience, State Police are usually pretty cool and just in their actions. NNPD is hit and miss with equal parts BS Harassment and justifiable law enforcement. Williamsburg/JCC Police can smoke my pole and swallow. There isn't much crime here and they seem to have nothing better to do sometimes than "bother" us. Lost count of how many times I've been followed, had popo turn around and race up behind me, to follow me. Seen them pull up to my car in a parking lot and case it(happens more than you would think, I can always see my car where I park it). Not to mention that they seem to make up the "laws" as they go. One cop that shall remain nameless, gave my friend a ticket for "playing in the street" the judge held the cop in contemp for wasting his time. I've gotten out of two tickets in Williamsburg/JCC, because the offending charge didn't exist. Resect given when gotten, MOST do their job and we should appreciate them for it. Other, just make the majority look bad. MY $.02
Old 07-10-2003, 09:13 PM
LicenseNregistration

stealthassassin is an unknown quantity at this point

well hey thanks for leavin out hampton in your pity party....
Old 07-10-2003, 09:56 PM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

Sheriff's Departments have always had the same power as city police PLUS MORE. We control courts, jail (when applicable), civil process (delivering subpoenas and civil papers), and in most citys in this area we do booking. As for Portsmouth, we also have a traffic enforcement division (issuing traffic citations), Criminal Apprehension Unit (arresting people on outstanding warrants), a truck inspection unit (inspecting and citing big rigs), Marine Patrol (boats, duh) and also up until July 1st when funding ran out we did the DARE program. So, as you can see, the Sheriff's Departments in this area do a lot of stuff.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:14 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by stealthassassin
You guys are the biggest fucking thieves on the planet. 7-11's "let you" take whatever you want, because the presence of cops gives them an added feeling of security. I've seen you pigs go on 7-11 shopping sprees. You guys can eat all fucking day FOR FREE. You also get free gas. If you want free drugs or cigarettes, you just crack down on some teens. You can haul ass on any roads; and yeah I've even seen 2 cops racing on a 35mph road (damn, I wish I had caught that on tape!). I fully support the fundamental of law enforcement, but most of you guys make me sick. I give lots of respect to the few righteous cops out there; but most of y'all are 2bit criminals with a badge and gun. But who can blame you; you have an indefinite get out of jail free card. Damn, I shoulda been a cop.

Quick Reply: Law Enforcement. Who actually does their job?