Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ka24e all-motor

Old 06-14-2005, 05:54 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default ka24e all-motor

anyone ever heard of it done? i think i remember a while ago hearing about someone at abacus with a road-race prepped 240 with an all-motor ka24e making over 250whp. i'm considering it because i'm stressed the fuck out with everyone and their mama turboing 240s. end all be all, i don't really care i'll build what i want, but if it's a good platform i may as well be a pioneer.

i already have a ridiculous cam, so i'm on the way. i've also heard of itb's for this motor available through nismo, just not sure if they're still produced. sort of curious what i could get away with stock as far as rpms. also, does anyone have a spare e lying around? i'd like to have a spare (or two) if i do decide to build it, or if i don't go through with this i'd like to put a stock cam back in.

discuss.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:10 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default Re: ka24e all-motor

Originally Posted by blackout
anyone ever heard of it done? i think i remember a while ago hearing about someone at abacus with a road-race prepped 240 with an all-motor ka24e making over 250whp. i'm considering it because i'm stressed the fuck out with everyone and their mama turboing 240s. end all be all, i don't really care i'll build what i want, but if it's a good platform i may as well be a pioneer.

i already have a ridiculous cam, so i'm on the way. i've also heard of itb's for this motor available through nismo, just not sure if they're still produced. sort of curious what i could get away with stock as far as rpms. also, does anyone have a spare e lying around? i'd like to have a spare (or two) if i do decide to build it, or if i don't go through with this i'd like to put a stock cam back in.

discuss.
I don't know much about Nissans, but just incase you can't find the ITBs, many Honda guys make their own. Like I said, I'm not familiar with Nissans and how their motor looks, mainly the intake manifold, seeing as Honda guys build them off of the stock manifold.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

that motor and all GT4 ( i think) nissan motors are long rod and far from streetable.

theres been people that have done an NA KA24E. you might wanna research with the older Z people since the KA24E is a really close relative to all those motors.

NA ka's dont make power like hondas do when they are built up na

i have some core motors around. 50 a piece.

the head is a major POS on the SOHC. the factory machine work was off AT LEAST 1-2mm where the valve seats are placed into the runners. You gonna need ALOT of port work to fix it. (i have one in stock thats ready )

As for rpm of the motor, no more than 7500.

Last edited by Greaser; 06-14-2005 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:17 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by fucT
I don't know much about Nissans, but just incase you can't find the ITBs, many Honda guys make their own. Like I said, I'm not familiar with Nissans and how their motor looks, mainly the intake manifold, seeing as Honda guys build them off of the stock manifold.
there's an idea. i'm sure you know more than i do about itb's, up until now i've never really considered using them. what do they use for engine management? so they custom fabricate the sheet metal and just add vendor-produced throttle bodies, right? and now that i think about it, they may not have been itbs, but carbs. i'll have to see if i can find a link... this is getting interesting.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

there's an idea. i'm sure you know more than i do about itb's, up until now i've never really considered using them. what do they use for engine management? so they custom fabricate the sheet metal and just add vendor-produced throttle bodies, right? and now that i think about it, they may not have been itbs, but carbs. i'll have to see if i can find a link... this is getting interesting.

I went to a national nissan meet in 2001 and 2002 and both times i saw a guy who lives in CA that had a itb'd KA24E. I THINK they were carbed itb's.

as far as engine management, if its a MPFI itb you'll need a standard standalone. IF a carbed itb you'll need only a ignition computer like a Electromotive HPV-1 www.electromotive-inc.com
Old 06-14-2005, 06:39 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Many Honda guys use, for example, something like Suzuki GSX-R throttle bodies. Some have used Hondata and got their cars to run fine, but something like EMS is recomended. I believe the reason they recomend EMS is because you can make more adjust ments in relation to low RPM vaccuum.

Check this out: http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/itb/
Old 06-14-2005, 06:40 AM
master debater

check this shit out (i love google)

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=29383

holy shit. i think they're insanely expensive though... now i have to find a nismo retailer online. don't have the time right now though, in class. i'll be in touch...
Old 06-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

thats what i want too
Old 06-14-2005, 06:57 AM
master debater

Originally Posted by vasponger
thats what i want too
nobody's original anymore. go for it.

from what i can tell, it's going to cost a fortune to do a quality na buildup. it'll make decent power, but for what it'll cost it looks like it will be MUCH cheaper to turbocharge. still looking into it, but i'll have to find out how much that sidedraft carb manifold is (i'm thinking over $2000), or at least find a way to fabricate it (greaser? ).

for sake of sending pm- greaser, would you sell me a cam by itself? i really don't have anywhere to keep the motor.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

well like you said its gonna be a pain in the ass and all custom

Quick Reply: ka24e all-motor