Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

K-Tuned's new K series billet throttle position sensor TPS

Old 02-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Oh hey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr
Default K-Tuned's new K series billet throttle position sensor TPS

I'm super excited about this release... came out today! K-swapped guys know the TPS is a huge pain in the ass. Not anymore (hopefully)

K-Tuned's K-series billet TPS

The K-Tuned Billet TPS sensor was designed solve all K-series TPS problems. We’ve seen and read about the cheap Asian-made replacement units causing countless drivability problems and failures. In some cases even the OEM sensors have failed prematurely. These problems are exactly what motivated us to design a reliable replacement TPS sensor that won’t fail like the others. Successful and thorough road testing was completed on several cars to ensure that our TPS unit could withstand the vibration associated with semi-solid K-series swap mounts.

Our unit is constructed with a quality, American made, Delphi sensor that is encapsulated in a 6061 billet aluminum housing. The housing was designed with a special silicone filled pocket that gives the sensor space to float inside. The cured silicone, allows the unit to absorb the engine vibrations that typically ruin other sensors. We are so confident in our sensor that we are even offering a warranty.

This TPS unit can be mounted on any K20A/A2 and Z1 throttlebody or the A3 throttlebody from the Honda EP3 hatchback. The engine must also use KPro or AEM engine management that allows recalibration of the TPS scale. The required recalibration is very minimal and easy to do. Our TPS sensor comes complete with a new gasket, all mounting hardware, plug and pigtail to wire it in and detailed installation and recalibration instructions. If you have TPS problems, this part is exactly what you need.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO
Default Re: K-Tuned's new K series billet throttle position sensor TPS

seen this a few weeks ago on facebook, they said guess what it is.
never had a problem with mine, guess I am lucky?
I never heard of tps problems till a few weeks ago when I seen the product. I think its a conspiracy.
I dont care if its only 160, I still wont buy that till I absolutley need to.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Originally Posted by SCREECHO
seen this a few weeks ago on facebook, they said guess what it is.
never had a problem with mine, guess I am lucky?
I never heard of tps problems till a few weeks ago when I seen the product. I think its a conspiracy.
I dont care if its only 160, I still wont buy that till I absolutley need to.
Absolutely... I agree with you 100%

I didn't have a problem with mine until about a month ago. The internal return spring snapped on the dyno. As a result, the TPS would only read 30% or 95%.

OEM TP sensors are not available from Honda... you have to get an entire throttle body assy.

There is only 1 manufacturer of aftermarket TP sensors and different companies buy them and slap their labels on them. One out of three work flawlessly, and they all eventually fail (especially in K-swapped cars) after a short lifespan.

Cliffs: You're lucky you have an OE TPS... take good care of it
Old 02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

ahhhh... good to know. I think I rep'd you earlier today otherwise I would get you here.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh hey

Originally Posted by SCREECHO
ahhhh... good to know. I think I rep'd you earlier today otherwise I would get you here.
Thx homie...

Yeh, this is bigger news on more K-specific forums, but I figured I'd let the locals in on the news.