Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

just clearing something up

Old 10-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wonka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just clearing something up

delete

Last edited by wonka; 10-10-2006 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:43 AM

tatmonster has disabled reputation
Default Re: just clearing something up

tell him to kiss ur ass. its his responsibility to get the car legal. plain and simple. he's a moron.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:48 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

Originally Posted by tatmonster
tell him to kiss ur ass. its his responsibility to get the car legal. plain and simple. he's a moron.
x2
Old 10-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

92EH3 has disabled reputation

X3
Old 10-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Banned

Last edited by wonka; 10-10-2006 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:26 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by wonka
i pretty much did that when i told him "if you call me one more time and say some dumb shit and curse me out, then you can come pick your car up from the impound lot because ill tow it off my property.
The car is sitting at your house now?

Your pretty nice.

Since you floated it over from the other owner. How does that work? I just bought a car that hasn't been regisitered since 2003. Do I just get a bill of sale from the old owner? (hes my neighbor)
Old 10-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jarrod
The car is sitting at your house now?

Your pretty nice.

Since you floated it over from the other owner. How does that work? I just bought a car that hasn't been regisitered since 2003. Do I just get a bill of sale from the old owner? (hes my neighbor)
i

Last edited by wonka; 10-10-2006 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 AM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

see i had this same thing happen to me and i ended up with a suspended liscense and a helluva lotta headache. i sold a car to someone who drove it from my house after sale with his tags off a celica that he previously owned. keep in mind i floated the title from previous owner and shit but go to find out about a 4 months later he never insured the car or registered it and got pulled over they ran the tags. found out they were off the celica made him get it towed and took the vin number off it. it came back to me as I was the one who was driving it due to fact i was the last known owner of the vehicle. even though i never registered that vehicle or insured it. those little notifications of sale of vehicles from dmv are VITAL. if you sell a car let them know. i ended up gettin pulled over and notified that i had a suspended liscense and had to go through about a month worth of waiting in order to have a hearing to explain my case to a hearing officer and get my liscense back....... thats just my experience with this situation.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:46 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Give them the car and no tags. They're responsible for the tags on the car not you. You'll never catch me selling a car and letting them drive off with my tags, because that holds me liable for the vehicle. Fuck that.

You give me money, I give you a title and have you sign a peice of paper saying that i'm not liable for shit, then you go on about your merry way.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by njoyindaskyline
see i had this same thing happen to me and i ended up with a suspended liscense and a helluva lotta headache. i sold a car to someone who drove it from my house after sale with his tags off a celica that he previously owned. keep in mind i floated the title from previous owner and shit but go to find out about a 4 months later he never insured the car or registered it and got pulled over they ran the tags. found out they were off the celica made him get it towed and took the vin number off it. it came back to me as I was the one who was driving it due to fact i was the last known owner of the vehicle. even though i never registered that vehicle or insured it. those little notifications of sale of vehicles from dmv are VITAL. if you sell a car let them know. i ended up gettin pulled over and notified that i had a suspended liscense and had to go through about a month worth of waiting in order to have a hearing to explain my case to a hearing officer and get my liscense back....... thats just my experience with this situation.

wow, that sounds really shitty......yeah im going to let dmv know tomorrow then that i sold it, but im pretty sure that the guy will have his ins. and registration before he tries driving the car home again.

Quick Reply: just clearing something up