Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The JDM thread.......

Old 06-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Asshole Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default The JDM thread.......

I was curious to know what exactly makes a car, Honda Civic hatchbacks in particular, "JDM"? Is their a reason that everyone is going for the "JDM" style? Is everyone that is involved with the so called scene around here just a bunch of sheep that do what the magazines say is the thing to do? Just some questions that I was curious to know the answer to. Sorry if I step on some toes, but oh fucking well.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:34 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

I basically just hated the way my car was starting to look and I needed something fresh. I took the wing and euros off and got a VIS CF hood and lip along with spoon CF mirrors. It's like a whole new car. I had a kid ask me why I got rid of my other Civic and I told him that it was the same car and he about shit his pants. Anyway, styles and tastes just change. I just like the clean, wingless look and some people don't. To each his own I guess is my point.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

So one would assume that you consider your 2dr civic to be "JDM"? Does a clean car constitute "JDM"?
Old 06-24-2003, 12:37 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

haha jdm was cool back in the mid 90's....like when i first got in the game...but seriously you dont have to buy all these jdm parts to have a clean car, all you really need to do is drop that bitch and take the pin stripes off =)
Old 06-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

what makes a car jdm?

being made for and sold in japan.

jdm style = making your car look stock, from another country.

jdm does not equal jdm style does not equal japanese aftermarket.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:42 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

why is it that only stock cars are concidered clean anymore?
Old 06-24-2003, 12:43 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

the worst thing is..all these fuckin ricers wanna go this "jdm style" now..but it dosent change them..they still drive like fuckin idiots and doing stoopid shit..all they end up doing is causing us guys who always had clean cars and drive safely more problems..
Old 06-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally posted by Mr.2
why is it that only stock cars are concidered clean anymore?
because that's what the magazines all say, didn't you know?

it's not so much that stock-looking cars are considered clean, it's just that most of the non-stock looking cars look fucking ridiculous.

it all comes down to taste, and whether or not someone has it when they alter the appearance of their car.

it's a fine line, that apparently a lot of people seem to piss all over.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:51 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

yeah... i dunno. everytime someone posts a pic of a car with a clean/tasteful kit on here and rims other than oe or rotas everyone jumps on it and lables it rice. even if the kit is wind-tunnel developed and fully functional... its fucking rediculous. every car looks the same.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:55 PM
no love for hoes...

99slowlst

i had some of the ricey look going....white rims...white lights...but no wing or body kit.....ive always liked simple. dont really care if its jdm or not...

Quick Reply: The JDM thread.......