Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: Hyundai at top

Old 12-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: Hyundai at top

Hyundai's Genesis sedan, Sonata midsize and Santa Fe and Tucson sport utility vehicles picked up awards, while Kia was recognized for the Optima midsize car, the Forte and Soul small cars, and the Sorento and Sportage SUVs.

Hyundai said the award was particularly sweet for the Sonata, which also received the top score of five stars in the government's crash test program. The combination put Sonata "in a safety position unsurpassed in the industry," said John Krafcik, president and CEO of Hyundai Motor America.
http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/201...ety-picks.html
Old 12-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: Hyundai at top

Now if they can just get their build quality better and more consistent...
Old 12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Safe? Absolutely. Would I drive one? Yes, but only the Genesis coupe. I'm sure that there are plenty of manufacturers out there that make safe cars that don't fall apart (volvo has been doing it for decades) but no Hyundai (genesis coupe excluded) appeals to me or about 90% of car enthusiasts in any way. They have a lot of potential and I think the Genesis showed that but right now they're still a no way in my book, not buying them quite yet as a quality manufacturer until they roll out a few more gems.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

personally i love the new sonata's.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Safe? Absolutely. Would I drive one? Yes, but only the Genesis coupe. I'm sure that there are plenty of manufacturers out there that make safe cars that don't fall apart (volvo has been doing it for decades) but no Hyundai (genesis coupe excluded) appeals to me or about 90% of car enthusiasts in any way. They have a lot of potential and I think the Genesis showed that but right now they're still a no way in my book, not buying them quite yet as a quality manufacturer until they roll out a few more gems.
Yet anything in their product line would beat your 118hp BMW in the stop light wars...
Old 12-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

I saw a sonata today that had t boned a cop car, the lady (go figure) looked fine. point proven lol.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:43 AM
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Yet anything in their product line would beat your 118hp BMW in the stop light wars...
I hate you as a person, but I absolutely love everything you say.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:15 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by EZ-
I hate you as a person, but I absolutely love everything you say.
I feel the same way, I feel like he's a fucking dick that doesn't respect my opinions because I drive a slow car, which I don't understand because 90% of drag drive slow cars (also I've never heard him say anything about the rocket car he drives), so sometimes he makes sense and sometimes he's just a complete faggot for no reason. Although I guess all that matters to him is the "stop light wars," something I won't participate in no matter what car i'm in. And get it right man, it's 138hp GET MAD.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

agreed.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

hyundai > *

Quick Reply: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: Hyundai at top