Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Installing RF amp + sub in WK Jeep Grand Cherokee - need some insight

Old 03-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these parts
Default Installing RF amp + sub in WK Jeep Grand Cherokee - need some insight

Okay, I've a Rockford T8004 amp and a Rockford T1 12" sub that used to be in my wife's eclipse, but now going into my Jeep.

I asked on some Jeep forums if I can do this with my stock deck and here's the response I got...
All I did was buy a MTX amp (TC4001 to be exact) this amp has a special plug you wire to your right and left chanals of a speaker wire then just run a 4 gauge Ground to the frame and a 4 gauge live wire to the batt be sure to use a in line fuse on the power wire. this set up lets me power my two Infinity Perfect 10's and still keep the stock deck for a clean look
Now my question is can I do this with the T8004? I'm looking for simplicity. I figured I'd ask here because there are some serious stereo junkies on here and I would love to have your input as far as installing this setup. How would I go about it?
Old 03-07-2010, 07:13 AM
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Installing RF amp + sub in WK Jeep Grand Cherokee - need some insight

hi-pass if the amp supports it or a line output converter
Old 03-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Breezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Installing RF amp + sub in WK Jeep Grand Cherokee - need some insight

I'm nearly clueless... Here's the specs on the amp - http://www.retrevo.com/search?q=Rock...odelid=7858285

Any help?
Old 03-07-2010, 07:57 AM
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold

what are the specs on the subs? yeah i think you have to run a LOC so you can use rca's for the audio signal on that amp if you're keeping the stock head unit.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by scr8dubbn
hi-pass if the amp supports it or a line output converter
What do those have to do with each other? One is a type of filter (hi-pass), one is a line output converter. Did you actually mean if the amp supports high level inputs (which are just like a built-in line level converter)?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-07-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:35 PM
what?

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
What do those have to do with each other? One is a type of filter (hi-pass), one is a line output converter. Did you actually mean if the amp supports high level inputs?
yes i said if your amp supports a high level ,messed up and said pass instead of input, but yeah high level input if your amp supports it or LOC.