Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

info needed on SVT swap

Old 11-01-2005, 05:38 AM
takin it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default info needed on SVT swap

OK i have a 2002 f150. I was looking into either putting a SVT Cobra swap or a SVT Lightning swap. I was just wondering which one would give me the better outcome.

another option ......is to just supercharge the 4.2L that is in there....but do they make a supercharger for my V6?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:40 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: info needed on SVT swap

What are you trying to do with it?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:45 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by blaxican25
What are you trying to do with it?
im trying to have a f150 that looks stock on the outside ...but has some power hiding under neithe...it wont be a dd
Old 11-01-2005, 05:51 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

how much power? I mean, if you want a sleeper, sell the F150 and get a crown vic. Track car, street car, what?

I guess I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "better results". As it is, I'd pick a lightning motor because it's desgined to go into a truck.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:15 AM
takin it all

i want a sleeper and i want to keep the truck.

it will be used at the track and on the street but only on weekends pretty much.

i want power but not as much as THEgoaT.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:21 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

don't bother putting a blower on your V6...

swap in a 5.4, buy a roots blower, and there you are.

edit: i have no idea how the engine and tranny will work together. in the GM world the input shaft between the V6 and V8 models is a different size, and the bellhousings have a different bolt pattern.

Last edited by J. O. BUDS; 11-01-2005 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:24 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by slowsilverteg
it will be used at the track and on the street but only on weekends pretty much.
why, of all things, are you making a race car out of a v6 fullsize truck?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:26 AM
takin it all

Originally Posted by spic
why, of all things, are you making a race car out of a v6 fullsize truck?
not a full size.. regular cab short bed...

and it wont be a race car. it will be something i can have some fun with every now and then
Old 11-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Pimpin is Easy

TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT

depends how far you want to go with it. The cobra 4.6 already has forged internals so it will hold alot more power but it will cost you more than the lightning 5.4. If you are just shooting for 350-450 to the wheels, the 5.4 will do fine.

Personally I would drop a 4V navigator motor in it and put a turbo on it.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:32 AM
#XV

KA24DET

Hey...it's a truck motor, too.

Quick Reply: info needed on SVT swap