Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I'd like some serious opinions.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default I'd like some serious opinions.

Ok guys well I've been throwing around some new car ideas for when I get rid of my Durango. I had a Civic and I liked it other than the fact that it had no ass to get out of it's own way.

I was thinking possibly another Civic. Good fuel economy, with a swap it'd be ok, not to heavy on the wallet across the board. I only got rid of mine cause I couldn't afford two vehicles.

Then I was also thinking a WRX. I can go to a dealer only auction and with the price I'm seeing some 02's go for I was thinking I could probably get one around 10K (dealer auction of course), but insurance on an AWD turbo car that's only 4 years old probably would be kinda expensive.

I'd like a turbo diesel truck, but again my wallet would be the lightest with this one considering fuel economy and insurance.

I'm trying to stay under 10K. Please give me some opinions/options and please state your reasoning behind it. Maybe you guys can help me decide on something I don't have listed. And before anyone says LS1 trust me I'd love to have another one, but it's very hard to find a GOOD one sub 10K and insurance would kick my ass even being 22 and a perfect driving record (knock on wood)

Old 04-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Patron

Default Re: I'd like some serious opinons.

And so you guys know I have like A.D.D. when it comes to cars. I can seriously go from wanting something one day to wanting something completely opposite the next that's why I want ALL opinions.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Get another Ek hatch or coupe. I can see you enjoying one of those. I couldn't see you in a CRX, EF, Or EG at that. Ep3s are gay.

You can get a EK shell for cheap, throw a swap in it for cheap and boost it for under 10k. Your stock EK was just a Slocam. You probably had mixed feelings about having it cause It had no power from the single cam. With a swap and boost, equal's everyday love.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:48 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

built allmota honda. cheapish, styleish, nice to drive daily. (i dont car what anyone says, unless you have a small as turbo, boosted hondas suck the fat ass to dailey in traffic) easy to find/and find parts.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:51 PM
you suck, i know it

joe, how is it that I live three blocks from where you work, come in atleast two or three times a month, and we have never met?
Old 04-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

MKIII Supra. I'm telling you, any day now they are going to be a commodity. That way when your ADD kicks in, you can sell it for more than you bought it for.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by l8apex
joe, how is it that I live three blocks from where you work, come in atleast two or three times a month, and we have never met?
Haha I know no idea. I deliver parts, so sometimes I can be out of the store 6-7 hours a day and sometimes I can be in the store 6-7 hours a day.

You know some of you may not like them, but I really like Lincoln LS'. The V8's get decent gas mileage for what they are (~17/26), they look decently sporty, and the prices for ones with ~50K+ is pretty nice. I dunno how insurance would be though.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:59 PM
you suck, i know it

you would have the same probblem you had with the ek after the pimpness wheres off.....to frickin slow (and heavy)

btw joe, i usually drive a lifted avalanche and come in looking for nuts and bolts.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

That's why I love you, Joe. I adore the Lincoln LS, I have ever since I first read abotu them and saw one. Did you know that it pulls the best Gs of anything in it's entire class?

Well, I don't know what it's class/competition is, but I am pretty sure there's going to be a lower-level BMW and/or Benz in there somewhere.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Patron

I didn't get like this (the whole "ADD" thing) atleast not this bad until after I sold my LS1. I seriously had that car for almost 2 years and maybe thought of selling it 1-2 times. Now everything I get I mod then I just sell it.

It sucks honestly.

Quick Reply: I'd like some serious opinions.