Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I want to buy a wrecked car

Old 01-22-2007, 11:34 AM
www.CM-R.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing
Default I want to buy a wrecked car

Does anybody know of a place that sells wrecks?

I need an entire car that has engine, transmission, ecu, wiring, sensors, axels, mounts, etc.

I am only looking to spend $400 max. I figured buying a wreck would be my best bet.

The engine and tranny will need a lot of aftermarket parts available.(common honda, nissan, etc)

Any ideas???
Old 01-22-2007, 11:36 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default Re: I want to buy a wrecked car

as far as i know, no one will sell wrecked cars from a business. its a libility (sp) issue. you can drive by peoples houses and keep an eye out for what your looking for but i know junk yards and body shops do not sell wrecks.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:12 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

my neighbor works for ocean salvage, shes a wrecker driver and i will tell her your looking for one
Old 01-22-2007, 12:22 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Getting it titled and insured will be a hassle if it comes with a salvage title.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Getting it titled and insured will be a hassle if it comes with a salvage title.
The car will never be driven again. I will strip it of everylast thing I need then my sawzall will finish it off.

So that will not be an issue.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:48 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Chesterfield Auto Parts, outside of Richmond. Bring your own tools and get what you need from their field of cars.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by 240sxftw
my neighbor works for ocean salvage, shes a wrecker driver and i will tell her your looking for one
Her name wouldnt be Jaime, would it?
Old 01-22-2007, 06:14 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

to be honest, im not going to say her name, but i will tell you she drives a flat bed wrecker, and has a sticker on the back that says silly boys trucks are for girls
Old 01-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

for about that price you could get a half decent car at an auto auction...there are many in the area....that would be a great starter location or call chesapeake used auto or B&G auto salvage.......they have an ass ton of cars....or ingrams junkyard