Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

i was going to buy an audi S4 until(Boosted2003, we don't wanna hear your shit)....

Old 02-05-2004, 02:20 PM
McLovin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts
Exclamation i was going to buy an audi S4 until(Boosted2003, we don't wanna hear your shit)....

i was thinking about selling the GTI and buying a 2000 or 2001 Audi S4 2.7L Bi-Turbo V6 until i read a post on vwvortex.com...

"If you really want to modify this car without credit, start saving now and don't stop. To even run 12's, you're going to need new turbos. Unless you know your way around these cars, it's 2 grand to replace turbos because the whole engine is coming out. Downpipe install? 500 bucks, that's not even including $1500 for a simple set of downpipes. Simple exhaust system is around $1000. These cars are very nice indeed, but costly to maintain and modify. Honestly, I would think a bimmer is cake compared to this thing. I have a KO4'd S4 in the family right now and I know what the owner went through to get all this stuff done. You're going to need more than stage 3 to get into the 11's, and that's 6 grand for parts alone, not including the labor I mentioned above. I'm not trying to steer you away from this, as I am going to be purchasing an S4 soon myself, I'm just giving you fair warning to what you're thinking of doing to this vehicle."

Well I won't be buying one anytime soon anyway. Oh and boosted2003 the reason i said we don't wanna hear your shit is because we already know you don't like Audi or VW, no need to hear anymore. I know other than me a couple of guys on the boards were looking into getting one soon. Just thought i would give you some info.

Jeff
Old 02-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: i was going to buy an audi S4 until(Boosted2003, we don't wanna hear your shit)....

Bummer. Name like Audi though...
Old 02-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

90GTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i was going to buy an audi S4 until(Boosted2003, we don't wanna hear your shit)....

they may be expensive but damn those cars are pimp. so whats happening with your car jeff? fixed yet?
Old 02-05-2004, 04:27 PM
McLovin

BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MerF
Bummer. Name like Audi though...
yea i figured they would be expensive but thats way to fucking much for a 20 year old.

Originally Posted by 90GTi
they may be expensive but damn those cars are pimp. so whats happening with your car jeff? fixed yet?
nope, my car isn't fixed yet. due to laziness mostly. i changed the slave cylinder but i don't think i bled it good enough. i drove it around the block in first gear the other day just to reminice(*sp*) about the good times we had together, lol. i'm going to bleed it again and if that doesn't work i'm going to change the master cylinder then go from there. so hows the gti running for you?
Old 02-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

S4's are nice on their own and don't need to be modified...
Old 02-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by VR6shit
i was thinking about selling the GTI and buying a 2000 or 2001 Audi S4 2.7L Bi-Turbo V6 until i read a post on vwvortex.com...

"If you really want to modify this car without credit, start saving now and don't stop. To even run 12's, you're going to need new turbos. Unless you know your way around these cars, it's 2 grand to replace turbos because the whole engine is coming out. Downpipe install? 500 bucks, that's not even including $1500 for a simple set of downpipes. Simple exhaust system is around $1000. These cars are very nice indeed, but costly to maintain and modify. Honestly, I would think a bimmer is cake compared to this thing. I have a KO4'd S4 in the family right now and I know what the owner went through to get all this stuff done. You're going to need more than stage 3 to get into the 11's, and that's 6 grand for parts alone, not including the labor I mentioned above. I'm not trying to steer you away from this, as I am going to be purchasing an S4 soon myself, I'm just giving you fair warning to what you're thinking of doing to this vehicle."

Well I won't be buying one anytime soon anyway. Oh and boosted2003 the reason i said we don't wanna hear your shit is because we already know you don't like Audi or VW, no need to hear anymore. I know other than me a couple of guys on the boards were looking into getting one soon. Just thought i would give you some info.

Jeff
This is the exact reason I didn't get an S4. I didn't feel like dealing with all the shit that comes with them. The best thing you can do is get a chip, run mid 13s and keep it at that. But that also comes with dangers because apparently the oil lines going to the turbos are undersized and when the boost is bumped, they can't lubricate it enough and just fry them. Buy BMW if you want something cool.

BTW, there is a 2001 Yellow S4 w/ 36K miles for $31K at Checkard Flag Audi right now.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:36 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

31 is high...when i was looking at them ..i found a couple 2000 with around 40k for like 26 or 27000
Old 02-05-2004, 11:20 PM
McLovin

Originally Posted by blah
This is the exact reason I didn't get an S4. I didn't feel like dealing with all the shit that comes with them. The best thing you can do is get a chip, run mid 13s and keep it at that. But that also comes with dangers because apparently the oil lines going to the turbos are undersized and when the boost is bumped, they can't lubricate it enough and just fry them. Buy BMW if you want something cool.

BTW, there is a 2001 Yellow S4 w/ 36K miles for $31K at Checkard Flag Audi right now.
they have actually fixed that oil line problem supposedly. the guys on the vw/audi boards were talking about it. i was thinking about a car like yours but i don't know...still undecided. yea 31G's is definitley high. they're are a whole bunch on autotrader for sale. one was down to 18G's. i believe it was a 2000 with like 40 or 50 thousand miles on it.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:17 AM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Originally Posted by DC/DC
S4's are nice on their own...
Old 02-06-2004, 07:53 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

go ahead and buy it you fucker. and sell me your GTI , haha Stick with the dub man dubs are the shizzy.... and they are already expensive enough to fix.. haha. btw ill have new suspension/motor mounts by march

Quick Reply: i was going to buy an audi S4 until(Boosted2003, we don't wanna hear your shit)....