Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I cam, I saw, I conquered (sorta) the new Corvette C6!

Old 06-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default I cam, I saw, I conquered (sorta) the new Corvette C6!

This week (Wednesday-Sunday) I was in Bowling Green, Ky at the 5th anual Corvetteforum Cruise-In. Rolling into town I saw this funny looking Corvette going the other way. Then to my surprise I realised "HOLY SHIT! That's a C6" Turns out the engineers have about 50 roaming the roads of rural Kentucky for final fit/finish/etc. testing.

One night at one of the big cookouts Mr. Corvette himself Dave Hill comes rolling in w/ two new shiny C6's. One yellow vert 6-spd and the other a Silver auto coupe. I could write forever about the cars, but go the www.corvetteforum.com and look in the C6 section for tons of crap.

In short, the car is gorgeous in person. The interior is amazing (great materials), the gadgetry is super cool (push button start (no key at all), electric doors, HID's, XM radio, onstar, DVD nav, etc) The motor makes tons of torque (but is too quiet), blah blah.

We all go to paw all over the cars, sit in them, push all the buttons, and ask all the questions to Dave Hill that we could think of.

On Saturday night the auctioned off a C6 drive, and the "owner" of the corvetteforum was the winning bidder. He paid $550 for about an hour dirve in the yellow vert w/ Dave Hill riding shotgun. He was looking for someone to tail him and tape... as it turns out I had a Video camera.

SO I spend about an hour chasing a shiney yellow C6 vert through the back roads of Kentucky w/ Dave Hill riding shotgun!!! I got it all on tape. Man the car is super fast even stock. I could barely real it in on the highway and I have a modded Z06. The car's claims are 12.5 @ 114 stock and I believe every bit of that.

Here's a few of the many pics I took...

Me in the silver/red coupe talking to Dave Hill (Vette hat w/ the mustashe)

My car w/ three other yellows @ the Corvette plant

Last edited by Cobra4B; 06-01-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie
Default Re: I cam, I saw, I conquered (sorta) the new Corvette C6!

Thats sweet dude, sounds like you had a nice little trip
Old 06-01-2004, 07:08 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

Wow... very nice lookn vehicle.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Capster78 is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet. Like the C-6's. Maybe they will let us f-bod guys use their ls6 motor they throw in the Z06's in the next camaro .
Old 06-01-2004, 07:11 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

You like it more than your z06?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Hard to say if I like it more... I didn't get to drive it, let alone beat on it. I didn't get to run it @ VIR either... this is where I'm in love w/ my car. Based on acceleration and lap times the new C6 w/ the Z-51 performance option will be nipping on the heels of the C5 Z06.

As for interior and gadgets the car is amazing and is hands down better. This is one of the areas they really tried to work on the car. The majority of buyers are never going to race or mod the car. They like gadgets and nice interiors like the Bimmer M3, so that's what the new Vette gets.

Looks wise, I really love the vert. The coupe looks a bit chunky in the rear. As big as the C5's ass is the C6's is bigger. That's why they come w/ the black lower part stock (I painted mine for looks), it slims down the look. I have to say that I love the looks of both cars. Sitting next to each other they're both awesome, but the C6 does look more modern and "up to date". To me my C5-R lights give me the added bit of flare/look that I love.

I've I had a ton of cash I'd order a yellow C6 vert, or maybe the new suset orange to be different.... wait, If I had tons of money I'd order a new C6 Z06!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:31 PM
missed....

Cell Cell

i demand the vid! =]
Old 06-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Fanboi

The Vid is 38 min long. I'm going to edit it then post a few clips.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

you must have been in heaven.

Now come over so I can see the vid on the big screen!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Fanboi

I'll make sure to bring the vids next time I come over.

Quick Reply: I cam, I saw, I conquered (sorta) the new Corvette C6!