Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I beat my radar detector ticket!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dowhatiwant has disabled reputation
Default I beat my radar detector ticket!

Ok so I was driving home on I-64 going East when I had my Whister radar detector WITH VG2 plugged in but not on the windshield. I was not even using it! I have a power splitter in my car with me and my girl's phone charger, gps unit, and a radar detector. That's a lot of wires. I forgot to unplug it and somehow a state trooper detected it(I was in Hampton) and he was in a black Impala so be careful. He saw all my travel equipment in the trunk when I went to get my licence because I told him I use it in NC. I asked if he could give me a warning but he gave me a ticket of course. So I went to court with my radar detector in about 20 pieces in a clear zip block bag and got in the defective equipment line(he was a speedy judge and he had everyone who fixed there defective equipment(that had defective equipment) get in a line to get there ticket dropped. They collected summons of everyone who brought them so I got to go second. He called me by the summons and was like Mr... you have a radar detector ticket. I held up the bag and said, "Your Honor, just like a defective equipment ticket or a tint ticket I have had this removed and have proof in a 20 pieces in this zip block bag." He chuckled, half of the court chuckled and he told me dismissed! I did not owe court fines or anything. I only paid 17 dollars for the radar detector used off ebay and the power plug broke right before court anyway . Some of you may not want to go through this with a 300 dollar one but it was definetly worth it for me! If anyone has removed there radar detector because of a ticket and wants prove of that without breaking theirs I will give you mine!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Re: I beat my radar detector ticket!

Originally Posted by dowhatiwant
If anyone has removed there radar detector because of a ticket and wants prove of that without breaking theirs I will give you mine!
pay it forward.

Good idea on trashing the cheapo detector.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671

cool, and btw it's ziploc
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

i keep an unsealed SASE handy to just drop it in. They cannot tamper with federal mail and can only take it and send it to the address. might be banged up a little out of spite but it's padded. Haven't had to use it yet but that was my understanding.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:19 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by idkfa
i keep an unsealed SASE handy to just drop it in. They cannot tamper with federal mail and can only take it and send it to the address. might be banged up a little out of spite but it's padded. Haven't had to use it yet but that was my understanding.
and thank you sir for that handy little tip
Old 07-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Maybe I'm a little slow, but can you explain what you're talking about? What are you dropping in the envelope, and when?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered member

Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall

Originally Posted by jaqattack02
Maybe I'm a little slow, but can you explain what you're talking about? What are you dropping in the envelope, and when?

what else would he be talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUG8A...eature=related

probably the radar detector? once you seal it they can't do anything with it
Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Originally Posted by Digger70chall
what else would he be talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUG8A...eature=related

probably the radar detector? once you seal it they can't do anything with it
Can't you still get the ticket for it though?

(if it explained that in the video, sorry, I'm at work and can't get to youtube)
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Haha, thats awesome!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:11 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

interesting.

Quick Reply: I beat my radar detector ticket!