VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   how to register jdm civic (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/how-register-jdm-civic-165601/)

Jarrod 11-28-2006 09:10 AM

Re: how to register jdm civic

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia (Post 2635839)
How about, buy that shell for cheap as crap....then buy a US shell for cheap, and swap all of the parts from the JDM shell onto the US shell and register it legally. Or buy the other one and don't register it and use it as a track car.

Yay. Someone with some sense.

I've thought about buying a RHD shell, and letting my friends pick thru the suspension/motor bits and I'd take the interior and RHD swap.(no not the white hatch)

TrePound 11-28-2006 08:11 PM

who is this guy accordinlydone. i cant find him on here. i looked under members list. really would like to talk to him.

i thought about just makin it a race car, but i know id eventually wanna drive it on the street. i have a k20r in my dc2 now, and its a blast to drive. if i put one in a civic hatch, i know i would have all the fun in the world.

if i cant register it i might buy for parts like you said jarrod. who knows. my options are
make dc2 rhd
make eg rhd
or get this hatch registered. after driving my boys rhd dc i fell in love. i got a lot of looks and stares. plus i knew i was different from alot of the other integras. to bad it wasnt my car.

Fabrik8 11-28-2006 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by joshuaa3 (Post 2635214)
how would the carpet and door panels be different on a rhd car?

Depends if there are carpet reinforcement pads under the driver's feet, or a lower trim line for the pedals. Door panels are different because of the power window/lock/mirror controls.

TPJ 11-29-2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by TrePound (Post 2637313)
who is this guy accordinlydone. i cant find him on here. i looked under members list. really would like to talk to him.

i thought about just makin it a race car, but i know id eventually wanna drive it on the street. i have a k20r in my dc2 now, and its a blast to drive. if i put one in a civic hatch, i know i would have all the fun in the world.

if i cant register it i might buy for parts like you said jarrod. who knows. my options are
make dc2 rhd
make eg rhd
or get this hatch registered. after driving my boys rhd dc i fell in love. i got a lot of looks and stares. plus i knew i was different from alot of the other integras. to bad it wasnt my car.

Buy the car, then buy my car. Do the RHD conversion, swap the motor, and you're good to go :)

TrePound 11-29-2006 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by jdavis (Post 2638589)
Buy the car, then buy my car. Do the RHD conversion, swap the motor, and you're good to go :)

haha sounds like a plan. i might have to take you up on that

Brock Obama 11-29-2006 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work (Post 2634897)
what is the fucking point? seriously.. why is it such a big deal for Honda enthusiasts to do such crazy things to have a real Japanese economy car? Seriously.. What makes it worth it to you guys?

TrePound 11-29-2006 05:37 PM

^^^^:mad:
and i replied

Originally Posted by TrePound (Post 2634972)
no real reason. its just that i grew up around hondas and it'll be real cool to actually have a real rhd honda. you dont get braggin rights, you cant go thru drive thrus, its harder to reverse quickly. but its just somethin that i think would be pretty cool to actually have a rhd car. but it really serves no purpose at all. trust me i know lol.

thanx for all the helpful post. anyone have more info they could provide.

TrePound 12-03-2006 04:40 PM

anyone else with some useful info they can give me?
anyone of different shops that'll do it.

tecnic1 12-03-2006 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by TrePound (Post 2647504)
anyone else with some useful info they can give me?
anyone of different shops that'll do it.

why are you struggling with this.

NO shop in it's right mind will help you with this. It is illegal.

You simply cut the vin tags off a legitimate civic and superglue them to an illegal one, and hope you don't get caught.

Quit being retarded.

tecnic1 12-03-2006 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia (Post 2635839)
How about, buy that shell for cheap as crap....then buy a US shell for cheap, and swap all of the parts from the JDM shell onto the US shell and register it legally. Or buy the other one and don't register it and use it as a track car.

does not work legally....
the shell is the car.
you could take all the JDM parts off and put them on a usdm shell though