Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How many nitro R/C people we got?

Old 01-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default How many nitro R/C people we got?

Back in my single days I had bought an HPI MT 2wd nitro-powered R/C car. I ran it for a while, but ended up having little problems that I wasn't familiar with and put it in storage for a couple years.

Well, my neighbor races R/C and has for some years...so I finally saved up enough to buy the parts needed to get my truck back on the road again. So he and I tore it down and replaced the broken parts and got it running.

Today was the first day I've really one a few tanks through it (despite the snow) and MAN I can't believe how much fun it is. There are three of us on my court that have trucks, but mine is the only 2WD, so I have no chance of keeping up with them, but it's fun to get in front of them and make them flip over and then haul ass.

Anyway, just seeing about getting a count to who else has done this before or still does.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:55 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default Re: How many nitro R/C people we got?

I've got a HPI RS4/3, but its way too cold for me to take it out.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:02 PM
EF turd

DirtyEF is on a distinguished road

i have a traxxas sprtmaxx 2wd can be upgraded to 4wd, has a 2 speed and reverse and electric start and a motor swap up for sale for 225
Old 01-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

i need to get my stampede back together...i did a fair bit of suspension work(i dont know...something about suspension..lol), but havent got to play with it for a few years. i deff need to get it goin again
Old 01-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Maria Giovanna Bella

Hoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these parts

HPI RS4/2 with a few bells and whistles...I havent raced it in a while but I would definitely be up for a race once i get a few things fixed on it.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq

I used to be big into them..and I still would if i had the time/money. Heres a brief list of cars ive owned: HPI savage with a .26, HPI RS4-3 SS,Traxxas nitro 4-tec, Associated RC10GT, Associated RC10NDS, Duratrax evader with a 12-turn, Duratrax nitro evader with an .18..ive also had a few planes. If you enjoy the cars, you'll LOVE flying planes.

Last edited by ThsPoq; 01-22-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

So you've gone from pimpin' the Supra down the blvd.... to playing with toy trucks in your cul de sac w/ other grown men and thinking it's cool? JK
Old 01-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Ghost

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
So you've gone from pimpin' the Supra down the blvd.... to playing with toy trucks in your cul de sac w/ other grown men and thinking it's cool? JK
Bet you I can beat you in the cones with one of these.

Man, there's some nice lists! I farking hate having the 2WD though...but my neighbor says it's not all bad.

I wanna upgrade to the HPI MT2 (4wd)...that thing is just nice all-around...the big trucks are badass and all, but I like the rallycar stance much more. Can be fun on and off-road, and it's lighter/more acrobatic.

matt067: What motor did you swap in? I may have someone interested here in the culdesac. Post pics.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:41 PM
EF turd

DirtyEF is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MerF
Bet you I can beat you in the cones with one of these.

Man, there's some nice lists! I farking hate having the 2WD though...but my neighbor says it's not all bad.

I wanna upgrade to the HPI MT2 (4wd)...that thing is just nice all-around...the big trucks are badass and all, but I like the rallycar stance much more. Can be fun on and off-road, and it's lighter/more acrobatic.

matt067: What motor did you swap in? I may have someone interested here in the culdesac. Post pics.
its got the sirio 3.0 .18 drop in motor, costed me 200 bucks alone, i dont have pics right now but ill get some tomm
Old 01-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Ghost

Very nice. I'm gonna refer my serious friend in here and see what he thinks.

Quick Reply: How many nitro R/C people we got?