Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

how to get legal documents for jdm engine??

Old 05-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007
Default how to get legal documents for jdm engine??

Im moving to PR and Ive heard Im going to have hard time shipping my car because it has a Japanese engine and no legal paper that it belongs in that car or some kind of BS like that.
Anyone know anything about this or how I can get this engine "registered" or something?? Need answers asap please!
THANKS!!
Old 05-28-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncommon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how to get legal documents for jdm engine??

I just had my JDM car checked out. In order to have a Whole JDM car in the us you have to go through customs. If you have parts of a car like i did ( shell mated to an engine ) then you have to provide the DMV with receipts, and a notorized letter from you stating all work that was done. since you have just the engine, a receipt should be more than enough. you can always call the DMV and talk to them, ( i'd call 3 or 4 times , you get more info each time you start to ask the right questions). I dont see a problem with shipping a car with a JDM engine. i'm in the military they dont know things like that. if you have a receipt or let just pretend you didnt know better, ( " the car came like that" you should be good. there are a few companies that specialize in JDM engine, you can email them too.