VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   How do I find out what County a "Local Gov Use Only" Vehicle's from? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/how-do-i-find-out-what-county-local-gov-use-only-vehicles-490484/)

PTAD1 11-18-2015 06:13 PM

How do I find out what County a "Local Gov Use Only" Vehicle's from?

As the title says, I need this info.

Some jerk in a Local Gov use only plated minivan cut into the spot I had my signal on for. I confronted him and told him he could either pull out or I'd call his employer, since the car could be traced back to his name and such...

I have the license plate number as well as the "number" stamped on the front and rear bumpers. I want to know what county the car is from....it's NOT local to me.

Who can run the plate for me? Repz will be given

Do what y'all do best pls n thx

Yardjass 11-18-2015 07:08 PM

Re: How do I find out what County a "Local Gov Use Only" Vehicle's from?

I don't think that's going to do anything. There's no rules against being an asshole. Now had you floored it in at the same time and hit him, he would have some explaining to do, but then you'd have shit to deal with as well.

Although there are rules about the use of most company vehicles. If he was out getting lunch or something, that's often not allowed and depending on if those rules exist, he could get fucked for that. Did you get a picture or anything?

PTAD1 11-18-2015 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Yardjass (Post 8366869)
I don't think that's going to do anything. There's no rules against being an asshole. Now had you floored it in at the same time and hit him, he would have some explaining to do, but then you'd have shit to deal with as well.

Although there are rules about the use of most company vehicles. If he was out getting lunch or something, that's often not allowed and depending on if those rules exist, he could get fucked for that. Did you get a picture or anything?

Yeah, he was out for dinner with four others in the car. I also saw dry cleaning hung in the van. Only a few of the license plate and bumper. None of the restaurant in background :(

JacKal 11-19-2015 01:36 AM

Probably a military guy on TDY lots of them around.
Like yard said probably ain't gonna do shit to him for it.

sidewaysil80 11-19-2015 03:51 AM

Did he laugh when you said you were going to tell on him? Also, who are you expecting to be able to run a query on his plates?

Reloaded 11-19-2015 01:17 PM

It's likely a local city government vehicle.

School system vehicles, at least in Newport News are labeled as such.

PTAD1 11-19-2015 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 (Post 8366876)
Did he laugh when you said you were going to tell on him? Also, who are you expecting to be able to run a query on his plates?

Yeah, he gave an arrogant chuckle and said he's gonna go in and enjoy his dinner. I told him good luck paying for it after I talk to his employer.

I don't know, this site has done some damage in the past. I figured someone has the resources. Isn't there a cop on here?

Yardjass 11-19-2015 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by PTAD1 (Post 8366907)
Yeah, he gave an arrogant chuckle and said he's gonna go in and enjoy his dinner. I told him good luck paying for it after I talk to his employer.

I don't know, this site has done some damage in the past. I figured someone has the resources. Isn't there a cop on here?

Yeah, but there isn't a whole lot we can do. The most effectivr thing you could have done is walk through the Isle next to it and "accidentally" let your key or other sharp object re-style the paint. He would have actually had to answer for that but as far as getting him in trouble, it ain't happening.

sidewaysil80 11-19-2015 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by PTAD1 (Post 8366907)
Isn't there a cop on here?

Yeah, but not losing a job so you can attempt to troll some guy for taking your parking space. Running an inquiry for personal reasons is as surefire way to get shit canned and/or black mark your career. It's not like in the movies were court side tickets or a bag of doughnuts and the cop looks both ways and runs it in the NCIC. Its a very well documented process that has a log that shows what you ran and when.

Its a parking space...yes it was a dick move but its not the end of the world. Certainly not worth trying to fuck with some guys livelihood; especially considering he didn't escalate the situation when you confronted him and was more/less respectful.

PTAD1 11-19-2015 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Yardjass (Post 8366908)
Yeah, but there isn't a whole lot we can do. The most effectivr thing you could have done is walk through the Isle next to it and "accidentally" let your key or other sharp object re-style the paint. He would have actually had to answer for that but as far as getting him in trouble, it ain't happening.

Good idea, but not willing to get that caught on cam or anything. Well darn, thought I had him...

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 (Post 8366909)
Yeah, but not losing a job so you can attempt to troll some guy for taking your parking space. Running an inquiry for personal reasons is as surefire way to get shit canned and/or black mark your career. It's not like in the movies were court side tickets or a bag of doughnuts and the cop looks both ways and runs it in the NCIC. Its a very well documented process that has a log that shows what you ran and when.

Its a parking space...yes it was a dick move but its not the end of the world. Certainly not worth trying to fuck with some guys livelihood; especially considering he didn't escalate the situation when you confronted him and was more/less respectful.

It definitely isn't the end of the world. At the end of the day he's the asshole and I'm not. And the female in my passenger is far superior to the female in his :puke: I also wouldn't want to jeopardize anyone's career (that didn't deserve it)

I only gave cliffs. there was more that happened, and he got very disrespectful. I only wanted to do this because I told him I would. What goes around comes around.