Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How to bridge an amp.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeamRR has disabled reputation
Default How to bridge an amp.

I have the Rear speeakers hooked up to the amp and want the subs hooked up to the front section on the amp and the front wont work. What am i doing wrong or do i need. I just have an amp kit.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: How to bridge an amp.

Originally Posted by TeamRR
I have the Rear speeakers hooked up to the amp and want the subs hooked up to the front section on the amp and the front wont work. What am i doing wrong or do i need. I just have an amp kit.
Huh? Are you saying you are trying to drive subs and component speakers on the same amp? Not possible on a regular amp, unless it's a 2-way crossover'd amp.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:17 PM

Well i mean its to subs not car speakers but i have 4 subs and want to hook them all up to one amp.

This is it
Old 01-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Ok, you said something about some rear speakers, then something about subs. Why don't you start over...slowly...with what you WANT to do, what you HAVE done, and what is NOT working like you want it to.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:34 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

plug all the wires into the same output. then youll be like forever bridged and you have like a thousand watts of power.......
Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 AM

I have 2 subs hooked up to the REAR section of the amp. I have two more subs NOT hooked up to anything. I want to hook the two that are NOT hooked up to the FRONT section on the amp. When i do hook them up the FRONT section doesnt give power to the other 2 subs. So when all four are hooked up only 2 are working.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

why do you need so many subs, jesus christ i would be def

but run them all to the same out/in puts...usually if its a two channel amp, you run one set of wires to the positive side of the first channel and the other set to the negative side of the second channel, well thats how it is with my amp
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

WTF is the front and rear? its a 4 channel amp which means it should have the connections all lined up for the 4 diffrent channels. The real problem you might be experianceing is that the amp you have is made for speakers and component speakers. I doubt that thing will be able to power 4 subwoffers nonethe less fully power two. I would try to get something a litll emore powerful.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

^^^ like he said you prolly need another amp or a stronger one, but i rather go with two
Old 01-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Chances are you're overlooking something having to do with the input signal, like you're only feeding a signal to the rear amp channels still. So when you've got all 4 subs looked up, only the 2 subs on the rear channels are working?

Quick Reply: How to bridge an amp.