Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

House paint

Old 06-29-2005, 04:57 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default House paint

Has anyone ever painted a car with house paint? I'm looking for the cheapest option as far as painting my beater goes. I've even considered rolling it on, but I decided it would be more fun to buy a cheap paint sprayer and do it that way. I was going to spraypaint the car, however, I cannot seem to find anyone who carries the color I'm looking for in the type of paint I need to use. Anyone have any experience with this? Yes I'm cheap, yes I'm ghetto, and yes I'm looking for real answers.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:10 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: House paint

Spray Paint ... thats the cheapest you cant get.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:13 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Broke Neck
Spray Paint ... thats the cheapest you cant get.
They don't make spraypaint in anything but flourescent for the color I am looking for. Flourescent would be nearly impossible to coat evenly, and would take AT LEAST 10 cans to coat the whole car because of how thin it is. That would put me right around 50 bucks for that, or I can just buy a gallon of house paint for 22 and a sprayer for 60, and have more fun, and possibly look better.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:14 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

walmart - .89 a can

flourescent? spending 100 on paint for that car is just ingorant. just paint that shit pink, and pop it's collar.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:15 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Originally Posted by spic
walmart - .89 a can

flourescent? spending 100 on paint for that car is just ingorant. just paint that shit pink, and pop it's collar.

You try finding some pink spraypaint!
Old 06-29-2005, 05:23 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

just get vinyl siding or wallpaper with flowers....

be a trend setter
Old 06-29-2005, 05:27 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Maybe I can nail on some shingles to the roof while I'm at it.

How about no.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:31 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by TPJ
Maybe I can nail on some shingles to the roof while I'm at it.

How about no.

how bout yes

Old 06-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

mix your own spraypaint color.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:12 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by TPJ

You try finding some pink spraypaint!
lowe's

Quick Reply: House paint