Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Hondas with negative offset

Old 09-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Drives a "black" dc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta
Default Hondas with negative offset

Ok so i found a wheel that i really want to get, only problem is with a 15x8 they can only do a 4 inch backspace, which equates to just over -12 offset. My question is, and i have been searcchiinnggg, with no genuine results, on a DC2 (94 - 01) integra how possible, or impossible is it to run this 8 inch wide wheel, with stretched tires, with a -13 offset, possible? proof? pics? help?

S.N. I expect there to be some implied camber...
Old 09-02-2010, 09:00 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Hondas with negative offset

Oh lawd.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Drives a "black" dc2

Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta Big Boosta

Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

TRENDY

Don't do it. It looks and handles like dog shit.

Find something that actually fits.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

If the shoes fit, wear it.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Drives a "black" dc2

Well im keeping my old wheels so when handling becomes a necessary subject, i can switch them, and in the aspect of it being considered looking bad, thats all within a personal opinion, looking for some legit data here please.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

They will fit, will probably require a roll of the fender though.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:15 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by theneonorder
Well im keeping my old wheels so when handling becomes a necessary subject, i can switch them, and in the aspect of it being considered looking bad, thats all within a personal opinion, looking for some legit data here please.
Legit data; it's going to eat the fuck out of your wheel bearings.

Back when I was in high school the import crowd and the low rider crowd hasn't split yet. So you'd see Civics with crazy reverse offset wheels.

Anyway a guy in my auto shop class had one and we put two sets of wheel bearings in his car during one semester. It was crazy how much those wheels would chew up the outer bearing.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Drives a "black" dc2

Yeah rolling the fender is already a know thing that will have to be done,i didnt know if pulling was going to required if i apply camber, maybe what im looking for is maybe some possible horror stories of a negative offset that bad? Or maybe pictures, and maybe how bad would the camber have to be?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Drives a "black" dc2

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Legit data; it's going to eat the fuck out of your wheel bearings.

Back when I was in high school the import crowd and the low rider crowd hasn't split yet. So you'd see Civics with crazy reverse offset wheels.

Anyway a guy in my auto shop class had one and we put two sets of wheel bearings in his car during one semester. It was crazy how much those wheels would chew up the outer bearing.
Thanks, this is the kind of stuff i would like to hear, even tho its a negative, it would be something i would like to consider +1

Quick Reply: Hondas with negative offset