Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Honda Owners: What rear camber kits are you using?

Old 02-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh hey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr
Default Honda Owners: What rear camber kits are you using?

I've done ~15 minutes of searching... found a little bit of stuff, but I'd like to hear from people that have actually used a certain camber kit and their experience...

Application: 1995 2 door Integra

I need a rear camber kit. I'm not willing to do "the washer trick". Skunk2 seems overpriced. What are you guys using? Whats nice? Blox? Ingalls? etc?

Rapes for people with good, helpful info.

thx!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum
Default Re: Honda Owners: What rear camber kits are you using?

Blackworks all the way around.

http://www.bwrusa.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2
Old 02-21-2011, 05:41 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

wicked tuning, blox, skunk2

I'm personally running skunk2 front and rear
Old 02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

I have an Ingalls kit on my crx. It works fine without any binding through the full suspension stroke and is very beefy. Just make sure whatever you get is properly lubricated if necessary. The Wicked Tuning kits are also very nice and a bit more blingy.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:06 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

I don't currently own anymore hondas... but I've used the Wicked Tuning rears on 4-5 cars. I had no complaints, and lasted way longer than the Blox ones I used before them.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Blackworks fucked me when I went with their K-series TPS... I hate to hold that against them, but I'm going to.

So Wicked Tuning or Ingalls? Im mainly just concerned about the part being structurally sound and having sturdy bushings... vulcanized rubber or Polyurethane?

Thanks, fellas...
Old 02-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TiredToyotaDrvr
I'm not willing to do "the washer trick".
DO THE WASHER TRICK. It was designed by honda the way it was for a reason. A solid link from the upper trailing arm to the chassis of the car. When you are pulling some decent g-forces around corners, there is a tremendus force pulling that upper link apart on the outside wheel. If you really want to be dumb enough to put a threaded link made out of the shittiest low carbon steel on the market then go right ahead. But just know that once water gets in those threads and rust begins to weaken the threads holding your suspension together, you could be in for a potentially deadly suprise when it decides to pull apart. I know this from experience with an adjustible rear camber kit going around an off ramp when suddenly the threads failed and the camber kit was ripped into two pieces. Slamming my rear wheel into my wheel well and instantly locking up causing the car to instantly spin around and begin sliding backwards down the off ramp pointing my drivers side door at a concrete light pole at about 50 mph and no control of the car other than a slight steering ability while the car was sliding backwards. Luckily I was able to change the car's trajectory enough to miss the light pole all within the seconds all this happened.

I bought the car with camber kits on it and decided what the hell just leave them. Lesson learned on my part and I should have followed my common sense and stuck to the factory design and just extended the bolts that hold the upper link to the car and used washers as spacers. As long as you put quality bolts, Class 10.9 or higher, then you get to use the factory design and adjust your camber to where it needs to be. Obviously you need to lengthen the new bolts to compensate for the thickness of the washers to make sure you have them threaded through the factory cage nuts welded into the chassis.

I suppose depending on your driving habbits a camber kit really won't harm you if you drive like a grandma around turns but I personally like to have a little fun on on/off ramps, drive spiritedly in the mountains, and participate in a HPDE from time to time and will never trust a rear camber kit again. I have used "the washer trick" on all of my cars over the years and never had a problem. Too bad I can't say the same for rear camber kits.

And before anyone tries to argue brands, they are all designed the same and no matter how beefy, they are all made out of shitty steel and WILL EVENTUALLY RUST inside and fail. The threads on the inside hold things together not the thickness of the camber kit.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by The real Ryan
they are all made out of shitty steel and WILL EVENTUALLY RUST inside and fail. The threads on the inside hold things together not the thickness of the camber kit.

Of the brands mentioned in this thread so far, I already know that the Blackworks and Skunk2 are made of aluminum. I haven't looked at the other ones yet. So no, they aren't all made of steel.

And I'll reply to the rest of the things you said later if I get a chance.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:19 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

i cant wait
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

in for fabrik8s response

Quick Reply: Honda Owners: What rear camber kits are you using?