Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Honda Help with L.C.A!!!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
low&slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo
Honda Help with L.C.A!!!!!

Well was helping a friend of mine lower his 99 civic coupe and the fronts were fine to deal with but when we went to the back that was different.
We took off the basic bolts from the strut and lower control arm. but there were two bolts thast would not come out.
So we used a breaker bar for more leverage but that ended in fail! and the bolt snapped right at the thread lines.
So that ended in fail so we tried to drill it bout but the drill bit didnt do shit so we went to the otehr side.
Our delima now is that the rest of the bolt is still in the hole and the control arm would get off the strut.

Question
How do we remove the rest of the bolt with out using the last option of pushing it through and ruing the thread and rethreading the hole????

Thanks for your time.

Picute for referance:
Old 09-23-2009, 06:16 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well
Default Re: Honda Help with L.C.A!!!!!

haha just had this happen today on an install

its very common.

the bolt is siezed to the bushing more than the weld nut. you can break the welds on the weld nut if needed.

are the shocks being re used? lcas?

i actually cut a shock off of a lower control arm because the abs line runs under the shock fork
Old 09-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by B-Well
haha just had this happen today on an install

its very common.

the bolt is siezed to the bushing more than the weld nut. you can break the welds on the weld nut if needed.

are the shocks being re used? lcas?

i actually cut a shock off of a lower control arm because the abs line runs under the shock fork
Shit was G today haha.

I'll be there in 15.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 PM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

on the coilovers for that one kid? haha

yea we are re using the shocks and lca just putting on the springs.

Well withthe other side of the car the same thing happen and we were some how able to remove the shock from the lca but the bolt is stuck inside.

we have both botls coming in on friday but wat do you mean by breaking the weld nuts?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I Love to Hate

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Shit was G today haha.

I'll be there in 15.
its cool.

the pad is cashed, gonna scoop one tomorrow and try to get them all knocked out (lol) at work tomorrow. i spend 3 minutes and got 8" of the lip done like a freakin mirror, and thats with that shitty polish
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by B-Well
its cool.

the pad is cashed, gonna scoop one tomorrow and try to get them all knocked out (lol) at work tomorrow. i spend 3 minutes and got 8" of the lip done like a freakin mirror, and thats with that shitty polish
Damn, so the secret has been found.

Car back?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:41 PM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

Had that happen to me.. but luckily i was getting aftermarket LCA's along with struts and coilovers so i hacked the strut off.. Just get another LCA from the junkyard or step ur game up and get some aftermarkets.. blox LCA's are $110 shipped.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:42 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

not yet...hopefully tommorrow...

dont forget to bring some wheels and an exhaust for this car...unless you going to chance it..
Old 09-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I Love to Hate

Originally Posted by nftuatn
not yet...hopefully tommorrow...

dont forget to bring some wheels and an exhaust for this car...unless you going to chance it..
wheels will be done soon. got s14 alloys to bring her back. and an exhaust. so stoked

to the OP,

your going to have to cut the bolt on the inside of the shock fork tabs and replace the lca bushing or buy aftermarket lcas
Old 09-24-2009, 11:29 AM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Happened to mine. I had to hack the bolt off then touch the bushing out. This problem is very common on Hondas and its a reason i dont like to lower my friends cars because i dont want their car stuck in my driveway. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Honda Help with L.C.A!!!!!