Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Honda Cancels New Acura NSX

Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Full-time New Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Honda Cancels New Acura NSX

Ran across this while browsing a Porsche forum. I wish it wasn't true.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20081217/FREE/812179996

"Plans for Acura’s NSX supercar program are on ice.

Honda president Takeo Fukui announced the NSX’s demise on Wednesday as part of several cutbacks, as Honda grapples with the global economic downturn.

The NSX was expected to have a front-mounted V10 engine that made at least 500 hp. It would have been the successor to the first-generation NSX, which had a mid-mounted V6. That NSX went out of production in late 2005 after 14 years.

The new NSX was expected to debut as a 2010 model.

It was poised to be Acura’s answer to the Audi R8 and Nissan GT-R. The NSX was expected to be outfitted with a number of Honda’s top-shelf technologies, including its Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system. It was also likely to get aluminum and carbon-fiber parts to keep weight low.

The program appeared to be on track as late as this summer, when spy shooters caught what looked to be an NSX prototype blitzing Germany’s famed Nürburgring circuit.

That car looked similar to the Advanced Sports Car concept unveiled at the Detroit auto show in 2007, which got a so-so reception.

There was also speculation that the mule caught on camera in Germany was a totally different car that would be cheaper and arrive on the market sooner than the NSX.

Regardless, the NSX would have made Acura a true competitor in the super car segment. The original NSX program offered two V6s, which made less than 300 hp.

In addition to canceling the NSX, Honda is cutting sales and profit forecasts, executive pay and pushing back plant openings. It also won’t launch the Acura brand in Japan in 2010, as planned."
Old 12-18-2008, 03:31 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Re: Honda Cancels New Acura NSX

The big 3 arn't the only car manufacturers in trouble. Times are tough for everyone right now
Old 12-18-2008, 04:36 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

Originally Posted by JROW
The big 3 arn't the only car manufacturers in trouble. Times are tough for everyone right now

Truf. This shit sucks, ESPECIALLY for automobile manufacturers. It's a fact that the majority of Americans and people everywhere are veering away from the expensive, unpredictable investment in a new vehicle and ATTEMPTING to keep their old cars running, no matter how big of a heap it may be. Hell, I'm in the Auto Service Industry and its unfortunate that most of the people who come into my shop can't even afford much more than an oil change. I even had a customer tow his cavalier out the other day with a tow strap and his suburban because he couldn't afford to repair the vehicle, much less have it towed.

Hope things get better soon.......
Old 12-18-2008, 04:46 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Oh well. Not like any of us were getting one anyway. Maybe Rich, but thats about it.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:34 AM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

:''('''

I'd prefer they cancel the new s3000 thing, from what I've read it's going to have ovaries. The NSX was what I was planning to get when I got hired out of law school :'( I wanted a 500hp v10 Honda that would shut up GT-R fanboys.

I'm so depressed!!

Last edited by S2K_Guy; 12-18-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:20 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

That sucks, the NSX was always one of my favorite cars and I looked forward to it's replacement.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by S2K_Guy
:''('''

I'd prefer they cancel the new s3000 thing, from what I've read it's going to have ovaries. The NSX was what I was planning to get when I got hired out of law school :'( I wanted a 500hp v10 Honda that would shut up GT-R fanboys.

I'm so depressed!!
yeah, that shit would be pretty dope...especially getting to fuck with the GT-R kids...haha
Old 12-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Thank you GM for finishing and delivering the ZR1... you rock.

Signed

~Brian
Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

^^^...lol +rep
Old 12-18-2008, 08:20 AM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Asses.... Yeah Honda takes forever and a day to finish stuff, but when it's done it's DONE! and not updates for 9-15 years (Except the minor and occasional face lift).

Quick Reply: Honda Cancels New Acura NSX