Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Holy horrid travel day yesterday...

Old 11-27-2006, 05:17 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Holy horrid travel day yesterday...

Went to the Redskins game yesterday... thought I'd be doing well by leaving my house in va beach at 7:30 am for a 1PM game (3+ hrs drive time + DC BS traffic time + park time).

Well turns out some crazy shit happened yesterday, some car jacker got hit by a car on 64W and they closed the damn highway. After tooling around in New Kent etc I finally made it back to 95 in the Fredericksburg area.

Made it to the stadium just after kickoff.

Then leaving... taking the stupid shuttle back the the cash lot, there's an accident and the damn bus moves 30 feet in 30 min... the lady won't let anyone off b/c it's against regs b/c we're technically "in route". I don't really care, but some people starting freakin' out and bitching... luckily there were enough drunk hecklers on the bus to make fun of the tools complaining.

So get to the GF's jeep and head out... of course 495 is gridlocked... but once accross the Woodrow Wilson bridge it speeds up... we stop by my old Highschool (Hayfield) at the macaroni grill for some dinner... then head back out at 8.

Should take 2 hrs 45min to get from Springfiled back to the beach... we didn't get home until 1am!

Stop/go all through springfield... then at the 95/64 interchange traffic was plain stopped... took an hour to get from there to exit 205 to get off and finally onto rt. 60 to bypass the bs and get back on 64 south of new kent.

So... yeah they game was good, go skins, and yeah it was good seeing the parents... but fuck driving yesterday.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: Holy horrid travel day yesterday...

Damn that sucks. I drove from Annapolis down to my house on Sunday.....was shocked how little traffic there was. Next time Brian, take 301 which is def' less traveled and puts you out on 50. I wasn't about to fight the 95 traffic.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:33 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

That's what you get for being a Redskins fan and driving a Vette.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

^ Never said I was a skins fan... but when your parents offer to grab you a ticket you go. I went to see my family more than watch football.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:42 AM
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Went to the Redskins game yesterday... thought I'd be doing well by leaving my house in va beach at 7:30 am for a 1PM game (3+ hrs drive time + DC BS traffic time + park time).

Well turns out some crazy shit happened yesterday, some car jacker got hit by a car on 64W and they closed the damn highway. After tooling around in New Kent etc I finally made it back to 95 in the Fredericksburg area.

Made it to the stadium just after kickoff.

Then leaving... taking the stupid shuttle back the the cash lot, there's an accident and the damn bus moves 30 feet in 30 min... the lady won't let anyone off b/c it's against regs b/c we're technically "in route". I don't really care, but some people starting freakin' out and bitching... luckily there were enough drunk hecklers on the bus to make fun of the tools complaining.

So get to the GF's jeep and head out... of course 495 is gridlocked... but once accross the Woodrow Wilson bridge it speeds up... we stop by my old Highschool (Hayfield) at the macaroni grill for some dinner... then head back out at 8.

Should take 2 hrs 45min to get from Springfiled back to the beach... we didn't get home until 1am!

Stop/go all through springfield... then at the 95/64 interchange traffic was plain stopped... took an hour to get from there to exit 205 to get off and finally onto rt. 60 to bypass the bs and get back on 64 south of new kent.

So... yeah they game was good, go skins, and yeah it was good seeing the parents... but fuck driving yesterday.
what year did you graduate out of hayfield?
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
^ Never said I was a skins fan...
Well good.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by YeloBlitzEclips
what year did you graduate out of hayfield?
'99 back before all the renovations etc... we used to sneak out for lunch and go over the the kentacohut, over by redhotblue. It helped that our golf coach was also the head of security
Old 11-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I went up to Glen Burnie with the Wifey and all and damn near got taken out twice. I was in my lane and a lady never checked her blind spot and moved over. When she heard my car(took the Z/28) and then looked right at me as she crapped herself. Same thing happened 5 minutes later. People were just all over the road traveling.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:18 AM
Fanboi

^ I agree... it was horrid. Oh... and Blasko I think I saw you... grey PT turbo w/ a downsite sticker?
Old 11-27-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

I could have told you 95 was gona be fucked. It took me 2 hours and 45 min to go 70 miles on 95 N yesterdsay.

Quick Reply: Holy horrid travel day yesterday...